The best project of my career!

  • Cintia Costa
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 22 6:33 PM
      Dear Webheads,

      I would like to share the best project of my career with you. As my undergraduate students and I felt really involved with the Brazilian protests of this week, we decided to create a video in English with the things we think we deserve. My student Raquely Caldeira edited it and uploaded it to YouTube. You can watch it in my blog post about the project here: http://learnenglishwithcintia.blogspot.com.br/2013/06/aprendendo-e-fazendo-historia-com-meus.html

      I hope you like it!

      Cheers for a better future to all of us!
      Hugs,
      Cintia

    • Claire Bradin Siskin
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 23 5:52 AM
        Cintia,

        The video is simply marvelous!!!

        Um abraço,

        Clarinha

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Cintia Costa <cintiabentes@...> wrote:

        > Dear Webheads,
        >
        > I would like to share the best project of my career with you. As my undergraduate students and I felt really involved with the Brazilian protests of this week, we decided to create a video in English with the things we think we deserve. My student Raquely Caldeira edited it and uploaded it to YouTube. You can watch it in my blog post about the project here: http://learnenglishwithcintia.blogspot.com.br/2013/06/aprendendo-e-fazendo-historia-com-meus.html
        >
        > I hope you like it!
        >
        > Cheers for a better future to all of us!
        > Hugs,
        > Cintia

      • Maria Irene Albers
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 23 5:55 AM
          Dear Cintia,

          What a great idea; a non violent protest, with very short but striking messages which reaches the whole world. I'll ask ask my students to do something similar in regards to the autonomous university strike.

          The idea people have about our countries is the wrong one. Regarding Brazil the fact that more than 23 million are not in extreme poverty (that was news a few months ago) makes other countries think that poverty was eradicated. The very same happened here in Venezuela, when the UNESCO certified that Venezuelans were not illiterate, that the program used to teach how to "read and write" young, adults and seniors was a complete success,  actually what they learned was to read and write their names and very basic words.

          Yoani Sanchez, the Cuban blogger, complained about the same, because due to our government promotions, developed countries think that we live in paradise, and that our struggle for better schools, hospitals, roads, salaries is nonsense. She said that it was not an easy job to change this paradigm, but if Latin American countries get together the world could look at us through different glasses.

          Congratulations.

          María Irene Albers deUrriola
          DepartamentodeIdiomasModernos
          FacultaddeCienciasde la Educación
          UniversidaddeCarabobo

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 23 6:04 AM
            Hi, Cintia!

            Kudos to you and your students! I just left a comment in YouTube.

            Hugs, Teresa

            On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 2:33 AM, Cintia Costa <cintiabentes@...>wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Dear Webheads,
            >
            > I would like to share the best project of my career with you. As my
            > undergraduate students and I felt really involved with the Brazilian
            > protests of this week, we decided to create a video in English with the
            > things we think we deserve. My student Raquely Caldeira edited it and
            > uploaded it to YouTube. You can watch it in my blog post about the project
            > here:
            > http://learnenglishwithcintia.blogspot.com.br/2013/06/aprendendo-e-fazendo-historia-com-meus.html
            >
            > I hope you like it!
            >
            > Cheers for a better future to all of us!
            > Hugs,
            > Cintia

          • Cintia Costa
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 23 6:56 AM
              Clarinha,

              Thanks a million for your kind words!

              Abraços,
              Cintia :-)

              ________________________________
              > I would like to share the best project of my career with you. As my undergraduate students and I felt really involved with the Brazilian protests of this week, we decided to create a video in English with the things we think we deserve. My student Raquely Caldeira edited it and uploaded it to YouTube. You can watch it in my blog post about the project here: http://learnenglishwithcintia.blogspot.com.br/2013/06/aprendendo-e-fazendo-historia-com-meus.html
              >
              > I hope you like it!
              >
              > Cheers for a better future to all of us!
              > Hugs,
              > Cintia

            • Cintia Costa
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 23 7:02 AM
                Dear Maria Irene,

                Thanks for your great email.

                I totally agree with your message. I also think we all have to get together in Latin America because we face the same issues.

                Let's spread the truth that the World Bank reports try to hide under those numbers. We are more than numbers, we are people that deserve better lives. I truly believe we can show the reality we face with our students here.

                Cheers,
                Cintia

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 23 7:03 AM
                  Dear Teresa,

                  Thanks a million for your support!

                  Hugs,
                  Cintia :-)

                  ________________________________
                  Kudos to you and your students! I just left a comment in YouTube.

                  Hugs, Teresa

                  On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 2:33 AM, Cintia Costa <cintiabentes@...>wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > Dear Webheads,
                  >
                  > I would like to share the best project of my career with you. As my
                  > undergraduate students and I felt really involved with the Brazilian
                  > protests of this week, we decided to create a video in English with the
                  > things we think we deserve. My student Raquely Caldeira edited it and
                  > uploaded it to YouTube. You can watch it in my blog post about the project
                  > here:
                  > http://learnenglishwithcintia.blogspot.com.br/2013/06/aprendendo-e-fazendo-historia-com-meus.html
                  >
                  > I hope you like it!
                  >
                  > Cheers for a better future to all of us!
                  > Hugs,
                  > Cintia

                • Daniel Bassill
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 23 7:37 AM
                    Cintia and Webheads.

                    Thanks for sharing your video. I've shared it with my own network on Facebook.

                    I've been part of Webheads for nearly a decade with the goal of connecting with educators in different places who were teaching young people to define and communicate strategies that would create a better world for themselves and their cities/countries. Cintia's video is a step in that direction.

                    I encourage you to brows this blog where I post visualizations done by interns working with me in Chicago since 2006. http://michaelcnt.blogspot.com/

                    They are doing interpretations of work I've originated as blog articles, power points, etc. which include maps and strategies intended to generate public attention and point it to organizations in places where people need extra help.

                    These go beyond pointing out the problems. They are intended to map out solutions and expand the number of people who become involved in implementing those solutions.

                    I coach the interns working with me in a group at http://tutormentorconnection.ning.com/group/cktmc and would be delighted to see a Webheads sub group form with young people doing similar work, pointing toward their own cities and countries.

                    Daniel F. Bassill, D.H.L.
                    Tutor/Mentor Connection
                    Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC
                    http://www.tutormentorexchange.net
                    http://tutormentor.blogspot.com
                    Chicago

                    >What a great idea; a non violent protest, with very short but striking messages which reaches the whole world. I'll ask ask my students to do something similar in regards to the autonomous university strike.
                    >
                    >The idea people have about our countries is the wrong one. Regarding Brazil the fact that more than 23 million are not in extreme poverty (that was news a few months ago) makes other countries think that poverty was eradicated. The very same happened here in Venezuela, when the UNESCO certified that Venezuelans were not illiterate, that the program used to teach how to "read and write" young, adults and seniors was a complete success,  actually what they learned was to read and write their names and very basic words.
                    >
                    >Yoani Sanchez, the Cuban blogger, complained about the same, because due to our government promotions, developed countries think that we live in paradise, and that our struggle for better schools, hospitals, roads, salaries is nonsense. She said that it was not an easy job to change this paradigm, but if Latin American countries get together the world could look at us through different glasses.
                    >
                    >Congratulations.

                    >María Irene Albers deUrriola
                    >DepartamentodeIdiomasModernos
                    >FacultaddeCienciasde la Educación
                    >UniversidaddeCarabobo

                  • müzeyyen aykaç
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 26 3:57 PM
                      Dear Cintia,
                      I   share all your feelings and the fights against treatments in Brazil. It is also a great fun for your students: They did the video both for  better English and  better life conditons! I agree that you( all human beings) deserve the best of everything...

                      all the best my dear friend..