Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Brazil stopped today and my students made history!

  • Carla arena
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 18, 2013
      In fact, it was a very special day of protests in Brazil against
      corruption, high prices of public transportation, against the huge amount
      of money spent for the World Cup with no direct benefits to the population.
      The Brazilians were in favor of a decent healthcare and education for all.
      That was the spirit of the protests that swept our country yesterday.

      I loved your students' photos, Cintia. Thanks for sharing them.

      Carla Arena
      http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com

      On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 12:01 AM, Cintia Costa <cintiabentes@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Dear Webheads,
      >
      > Today was a very special day for Brazil. As we are all sick and tired of
      > facing so many huge problems for so many years, we decided to change it and
      > I am proud some of my students went to the protest here in our city - Bel�m
      > - in the Brazilian Amazon.
      >
      > Even though I could not be in the protest with them, our class was special
      > this morning. It was about the Universal Declaration of the Human Rights
      > instead of just learning about language and its grammar rules. We discussed
      > the problems we face and possible solutions for them. Everyone participated
      > actively!
      >
      > In the afternoon I could see photos of some students of mine on Facebook
      > carrying posters in English with the topics we discussed in class! I am so
      > happy and proud of them that I wanted to share some pictures with you all:
      > http://learnenglishwithcintia.blogspot.com.br/2013/06/e-emocionante-ver-meus-alunos-fazendo.html
      >
      > Thanks for your attention,
      > Abra�os amaz�nicos,
      > Cintia

    • Maria Bossa
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 18, 2013
        Dear Cintia and Carla
        I'm sorry to hear about those pieces of news in Brazil. Here in Argentina, we are suffering almost the same situation. Our government is controlling everything we do, we cannot buy foreign currency in a free way, we have to declare where we go, inflation is high and crime is at our doors almost every day.I think that South America in general is suffering from lots of problems and we should do much more.I do hope all this ends soon.Best regards,Maria :)

        Smiles, Maria

        > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
        > From: carlaarena@...
        > Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 06:47:04 -0300
        > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Brazil stopped today and my students made history!
        >
        > In fact, it was a very special day of protests in Brazil against
        > corruption, high prices of public transportation, against the huge amount
        > of money spent for the World Cup with no direct benefits to the population.
        > The Brazilians were in favor of a decent healthcare and education for all.
        > That was the spirit of the protests that swept our country yesterday.
        >
        > I loved your students' photos, Cintia. Thanks for sharing them.
        >
        > Carla Arena
        > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
        >

        > On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 12:01 AM, Cintia Costa <cintiabentes@...>wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Dear Webheads,
        > >
        > > Today was a very special day for Brazil. As we are all sick and tired of
        > > facing so many huge problems for so many years, we decided to change it and
        > > I am proud some of my students went to the protest here in our city - Belém
        > > - in the Brazilian Amazon.
        > >
        > > Even though I could not be in the protest with them, our class was special
        > > this morning. It was about the Universal Declaration of the Human Rights
        > > instead of just learning about language and its grammar rules. We discussed
        > > the problems we face and possible solutions for them. Everyone participated
        > > actively!
        > >
        > > In the afternoon I could see photos of some students of mine on Facebook
        > > carrying posters in English with the topics we discussed in class! I am so
        > > happy and proud of them that I wanted to share some pictures with you all:
        > > http://learnenglishwithcintia.blogspot.com.br/2013/06/e-emocionante-ver-meus-alunos-fazendo.html
        > >
        > > Thanks for your attention,
        > > Abraços amazônicos,
        > > Cintia

      • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 18, 2013
          Brava, Cintia! --
          Go Brazil Spring!
          --Elizabeth HS

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Cintia Costa <cintiabentes@...> wrote:

          > Dear Webheads,
          >
          > Today was a very special day for Brazil. As we are all sick and tired of facing so many huge problems for so many years, we decided to change it and I am proud some of my students went to the protest here in our city - Belém - in the Brazilian Amazon.
          >
          > Even though I could not be in the protest with them, our class was special this morning. It was about the Universal Declaration of the Human Rights instead of just learning about language and its grammar rules. We discussed the problems we face and possible solutions for them. Everyone participated actively!
          >
          > In the afternoon I could see photos of some students of mine on Facebook carrying posters in English with the topics we discussed in class! I am so happy and proud of them that I wanted to share some pictures with you all: http://learnenglishwithcintia.blogspot.com.br/2013/06/e-emocionante-ver-meus-alunos-fazendo.html
          >
          > Thanks for your attention,
          > Abraços amazônicos,
          > Cintia
        • Cintia Costa
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 18, 2013
            Hi Carla,

            Thanks for your message! Let's hope our governments pay attention to us now. I am so happy to see the giant standing up and fighting for our rights. :-)

            Cheers,
            Cintia

            ________________________________
            In fact, it was a very special day of protests in Brazil against
            corruption, high prices of public transportation, against the huge amount
            of money spent for the World Cup with no direct benefits to the population.
            The Brazilians were in favor of a decent healthcare and education for all.
            That was the spirit of the protests that swept our country yesterday.

            I loved your students' photos, Cintia. Thanks for sharing them.

            Carla Arena
            http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com

            On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 12:01 AM, Cintia Costa <cintiabentes@...>wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Dear Webheads,
            >
            > Today was a very special day for Brazil. As we are all sick and tired of
            > facing so many huge problems for so many years, we decided to change it and
            > I am proud some of my students went to the protest here in our city - Belém
            > - in the Brazilian Amazon.
            >
            > Even though I could not be in the protest with them, our class was special
            > this morning. It was about the Universal Declaration of the Human Rights
            > instead of just learning about language and its grammar rules. We discussed
            > the problems we face and possible solutions for them. Everyone participated
            > actively!
            >
            > In the afternoon I could see photos of some students of mine on Facebook
            > carrying posters in English with the topics we discussed in class! I am so
            > happy and proud of them that I wanted to share some pictures with you all:
            > http://learnenglishwithcintia.blogspot.com.br/2013/06/e-emocionante-ver-meus-alunos-fazendo.html
            >
            > Thanks for your attention,
            > Abraços amazônicos,
            > Cintia

          • Cintia Costa
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 18, 2013
              Dear Maria,

              I am so sorry to read the news about Argentina. I hope Argentinians start to fight like Brazil, Turkey and many other countries. I do hope for the better.

              Abrazos,
              Cintia

              ________________________________
              I'm sorry to hear about those pieces of news in Brazil. Here in Argentina, we are suffering almost the same situation. Our government is controlling everything we do, we cannot buy foreign currency in a free way, we have to declare where we go, inflation is high and crime is at our doors almost every day.I think that South America in general is suffering from lots of problems and we should do much more.I do hope all this ends soon.Best regards,Maria :)

              Smiles, Maria

              > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
              > From: carlaarena@...
              > Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 06:47:04 -0300
              > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Brazil stopped today and my students made history!
              >
              > In fact, it was a very special day of protests in Brazil against
              > corruption, high prices of public transportation, against the huge amount
              > of money spent for the World Cup with no direct benefits to the population.
              > The Brazilians were in favor of a decent healthcare and education for all.
              > That was the spirit of the protests that swept our country yesterday.
              >
              > I loved your students' photos, Cintia. Thanks for sharing them.
              >
              > Carla Arena
              > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
              >

              > On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 12:01 AM, Cintia Costa <cintiabentes@...>wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Dear Webheads,
              > >
              > > Today was a very special day for Brazil. As we are all sick and tired of
              > > facing so many huge problems for so many years, we decided to change it and
              > > I am proud some of my students went to the protest here in our city - Belém
              > > - in the Brazilian Amazon.
              > >
              > > Even though I could not be in the protest with them, our class was special
              > > this morning. It was about the Universal Declaration of the Human Rights
              > > instead of just learning about language and its grammar rules. We discussed
              > > the problems we face and possible solutions for them. Everyone participated
              > > actively!
              > >
              > > In the afternoon I could see photos of some students of mine on Facebook
              > > carrying posters in English with the topics we discussed in class! I am so
              > > happy and proud of them that I wanted to share some pictures with you all:
              > > http://learnenglishwithcintia.blogspot.com.br/2013/06/e-emocionante-ver-meus-alunos-fazendo.html
              > >
              > > Thanks for your attention,
              > > Abraços amazônicos,
              > > Cintia