Learning2gether in June

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2013
      Hi everyone,

      I finally compiled all the recordings of the events this past weekend, made
      mp3 recordings, and posted them here:
      http://learning2gether.net/2013/06/09/pratas_baw/

      Three events are documented. Starting with Saturday, there is Dave
      Cormier's talk at MoodleMOOC, recorded in WiZiQ, YouTube, and an mp3
      recording from the YouTube.

      On Sunday there were two events. First we had Ana Cristina Pratas talking
      to us in Elluminate about her recent experience volunteering to help with
      EdTech training in Nepal. This was an insightful account of some of the
      realities of volunteer work in developing nations. There is an mp3
      recording in addition to the Elluminate one.

      Finally the BaW group had a tweetmeet which they documented here:
      http://baw2013.pbworks.com/w/page/66876467/Tweetmeet.

      This weekend on Learning2gether we have no special program but there are
      several events we can tune in on. On Saturday at 1400 GMT Nellie Deutsch
      hosts Stephen Downes on Moodle MOOC and from 9:00 to 17:00 GMT there is an
      online IATEFL BESIG conference.

      Today I tuned in to Jeff Lebow's English SOS event where he was streaming
      his students talking about life in Korea and their attitudes to topics
      ranging from tipping (or not) to same-sex marriages. His next round is
      Monday 11:00 to 13:00 and he would welcome people in the text chat to come
      and talk to his students.

      You can find details of all these events at
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#Nextupcomingevents

      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
      http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

    • Vance
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2013
        Hi all,

        This is just a reminder that learning2gether meets today Monday 11:00 to 13:00. Tune in live at http://englishbridges.net/live and chime in with comments or questions in the text chat as Jeff Lebow conducts a hangout with his Korean students.

        You don't have to stay the whole time, but you are welcome to pop in and see what happens, and interact with Jeff and his students.

        Vance