EFL for teenagers

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2013
      Dear friends and colleagues on the learningwithcomputers list and the
      webheads list - Dear friends and colleagues on the bcc list of addresees.

      (Please excuse my prolific use of copying and multiple addressees).

      Later this year, on behalf of the IATEFL Young Learners and Teenagers list
      (YLTSIG), I wish to organise an online panel discussion (Adobe Connect)
      with the working title :: "What is special about EFL for teenagers?"

      The format I envisage is:

      1. 3 - 5 panelists presenting, discussing what they see as the main issues
      2. Follow-up email discussion based on recording of 1.

      Hopefully

      3. One or two individual webinars arising out our of 1 and 2
      4. Follow-up email discussions
      5. A follow-up co-operative project a la resulting "action" in Action
      Research. (Very unlikely to materialise).

      Have you any suggestions as to people I could invite to be on the panel? (I
      put this question some time ago to a former President of IATEFL who
      replied: "Interesting. Frankly, I can think of no-one. It is undoubtedly an
      important area of TEFL, but no name comes to mind."

      -----------
      Richard, (Research SIG),

      Could this planned webinar be the second joint webinar, resig, YLTSIG?
      ----------
      Janice (YLTSIG, inolved in planning of PCE, Harrogate 2014.

      Could there be a logical link-up with anyone/any topic you are planning for
      Harrogate?
      ----------
      Margit and committee GISIG,

      Is GISIG interested in organising such a joint webinar with YLTSIG (resig?)

      Thanks very much for the time you have spent reading this message,

      Dennis
      *

      *Dennis Newson*
      Formerly : University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
      Committee member | IATEFL: YLTSIG,GISIG

      Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award

      Personal homepage <http://www.dennisnewson.de/>

      Skype: *Osnacantab*
      Second Life: *Osnacantab Nesterov*

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2013
        Hi Dennis,

        I teach pilot cadets at the UAE aviation college. They happen to be
        teenagers. though perhaps an outlier subset, but I'm finding many
        challenges ranging from the need to incorporate video in almost every
        activity, dealing with short attention spans and generation gap, and so on.

        I would imagine you could find numerous esteemed panelists, as many in our
        field have students in the teenage category, but I would be honored if you
        would consider coordinating this with http://learning2gether.net in some
        way, most easily by holding the panel on a Saturday, Sunday, or Monday.

        Good luck with it. It is an important topic.

        Vance

        Vance Stevens
        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
        http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com