RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Me and my monkey

  • Maria Bossa
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2013
      Hi dear Vance
      Thanks for your response! In fact, I'm not interested in Robbie Williams :)
      I wanted to know as one of my post-graduate course teachers said it was ok to say "Me and Peter" so I had the doubt. I just wrote "Me and my monkey" as subject of my mail and to start the discussion since the teacher mentioned that song, too.
      Again, thanks for your reply!"I practice every day to find some clever lines to say" (Robbie Williams - Something Stupid) (I love some RW's songs and some great phrases he says)Maria :)
      Smiles, Maria

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2013
        Short answer then, you can say me and Peter in object position, but not in
        subject position. Its use in object position is probably due to acceptably
        evolved usage, not a prescriptivist grammatical one.

        best,
        Vance