learning2gether with Moodle MOOC

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2013
      Hi everyone,

      This is a reminder that Learning2gether will convene tomorrow around Moodle
      MOOC which has just started its latest iteration. This is a free course
      facilitated by Nellie Deutsch, Ludmila Smirnova, and others, and Nellie
      will join us in a WiZiQ session to tell us more about it. The class
      convenes at 1300 GMT (Sunday June 2) here
      http://www.wiziq.com/online-class/1253005-learning2gether-with-vance-stevens-and-nellie-deutsch,
      and there is more information, as always, at
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#Nextupcomingevents

      I'd also like to let you know that we have recordings of two outstanding
      sessions this past week online at http://learning2gether.net

      The mp3 recording for the session that Marisa Constantanides held from her
      Mykonos beachside hotel (frequent web cam views out her window) is now
      downloadable, as is the Elluminate recording of the session, at this link:
      http://learning2gether.net/2013/05/27/marisa-constantinides-autonomous-professional-development-begins-at-home/

      And then on Monday Alexander Hayes and Jeff Lebow hosted an astounding
      collection of forward thinkers around the issue of Google Glass and the
      impact it is set to have on our lives, on the nature of veillance and
      privacy, leading up to a conference in Toronto later this month
      http://veillance.me That conference has permission to webcast its
      speakers, who include Ray Kurtzweil, and though it's early days on
      arrangements, we'll be letting you know more when the time comes.
      Meanwhile check out the recordings (mp3 and YouTube Hangout recording) and
      dozens of links to more provocative information here:
      http://learning2gether.net/2013/05/27/alexander-hayes-the-revolution-will-be-humanized-the-glass-age-approaches/

      As learning2gether eases into summer and out again into the coming fall, we
      welcome your input to keep it going. We welcome you as audience to our live
      presenters, and if you can give a presentation, we would welcome that too.
      Email me at vancestev@... or visit
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com to see how to set it up yourself.

      --
      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

    • John Hibbs
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2013
        Hi All: This is soooooo off-subject that I ask forgiveness in
        advance. I hope you will bear with me.

        While living in Prague Vaclav Havel, the Czech President, became a
        hero to me. It was there I found, read and have re-read the book:
        Letters to Olga, written by Valclav to his wife Olga while Vaclav was
        a political prisoner. Love letters of the best kind, ranging from
        profound insights to gentle reminders to watch for bugs that might
        eat his wool suits.

        I commend the book to all of you.

        What has this to do with Webheads?

        We all agree that Vance is the 'hero' of Webheads, easily one of the
        most admired persons that most of us know. And most of us have a
        pretty wide landscape; so, Vance, just accept the applause. It's
        loud, continuing and well deserved!

        So, now, Letters to Ogla?

        Vance, now that free storage is almost limitless, I dare to ask if on
        every one of your posts to Webheads, that you figure a way to send a
        copy to a "Letters from Vance" URL. It would be a treasure chest;
        anytime one needed to energize themselves, he or she would just open
        the Letters From Vance link.

        Like cold water in the Sahara. Like a warm blanket just when you need it.

        Thanks Vance. And, now, I am not going to snip.
        John
        http://oregonhibbs.com