Our Article on Wikis

  • fatemah nami
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2013
      Dear Webhead,

      I am glad to share the link to the full-text version of the article Dr. Susan Marandi and I have recently published in CALL journal. It is about students' attention to form and contribution in wikis when used as discussion forums. I hope it will be of use :)

      Direct link:  http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/iHNKVztU7gnzMVXETi4R/full

      Best Regards,
      Fatemeh Nami
      Alzahra University,
      Deh-e Vanak, Tehran, Iran.

    • Bauer-Ramazani, Christine
      Message 2 of 5 , May 14, 2013
        Congratulations, Fatemeh and Susan!

        I have already posted the article in my CALL Online course, which just started yesterday and includes the construction of a Wiki as a teaching and learning space. This is a welcome addition to the reading list.

        Thank you!

        Christine
        Christine Bauer-Ramazani
        2009-10 Chair, CALL-IS of TESOL
        Instructor, Applied Linguistics Department
        Saint Michael's College phone: 802-654-2642
        One Winooski Park fax: 802-654-2595
        Colchester, VT 05439-0253
        web site: academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/<http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/>
        online CALL course: academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/gsl520_online/demo/CALL_Online_demo.htm<http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/gsl520_online/demo/CALL_Online_demo.htm>
        "Das Leben hinterlässt kleine Kratzer, aber es stört uns nicht beim Leuchten!"

        Message 3 of 5 , May 14, 2013
          Hi Fatemeh and Susan!

          Kudos on a great article with a new perspective. Very interesting!

          I tried something similar once with a small group of teacher trainees. I
          used Wikispaces and the Discussions tab. I'm not sure if it still has that
          feature, because it's changed a bit. Anyway, it was useful as a sort of
          forum and also for Q&A.

          I'm going to refer your article to the BaW13 participants. We're dealing
          with wikis these two weeks in the post-BaW phase. Your article couldn't
          have come at a better time. :-)

          Thank you!

          Teresa (Portugal)

          On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 6:00 AM, fatemah nami <fana22irana@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Dear Webhead,
          >
          > I am glad to share the link to the full-text version of the article Dr.
          > Susan Marandi and I have recently published in CALL journal. It is about
          > students' attention to form and contribution in wikis when used as
          > discussion forums. I hope it will be of use :)
          >
          > Direct link: http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/iHNKVztU7gnzMVXETi4R/full
          >
          > Best Regards,
          > Fatemeh Nami
          > Alzahra University,
          > Deh-e Vanak, Tehran, Iran.

        • Hala Fawzi
          Message 4 of 5 , May 15, 2013
            I also added the article to the reading list in the edu tech course next academic year.

            Hearty congratulations, Fatemeh and Susan!

            Hala

            Message 5 of 5 , May 17, 2013
              Dear Hala, Christine, and Teresa,

              Thank you so much for your support :)