Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Help with pronunciation files

    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2013
      Hi, Susana!

      I have no idea if any dictionary allows that. I kind of doubt it...

      But you can easily do it yourself by recording your files with Audacity,
      then exporting them to .mp3 and inserting them in your HotPot exercise.
      Remember to have all the files related to one exercise inside the same
      folder.

      I created two very simple sample exercises for the APPI presentation
      last week. Here's the link to my new project. Take a look at the
      "Interactive Activities" and see if they are similar to what you need.
      http://teresadeca-radicalenglish.iconosites.com/page/materials

      Hugs, Teresa

      On 01-05-2013 17:52, Susana Canelo wrote:

      > Hello my friends:
      >
      > does anybody know about a dictionary that allows to save pronunciation
      > files as MP3 or something like that ?
      > I'm preparing exercises by using Hot Potatoes and I wanted to try
      > something very simple with audio...
      >
      > Thanks !!
      > Susana

    • Susana Canelo
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2013
        Thanks Teresa !
        You are a genius. I'm not very skillful using Audacity but I'll try.
        Having all the files in the same folder is a really good advise.

        Hugs from a rainy Del Valle in Argentina
        Susana

        ________________________________
        I have no idea if any dictionary allows that. I kind of doubt it...

        But you can easily do it yourself by recording your files with Audacity,
        then exporting them to .mp3 and inserting them in your HotPot exercise.
        Remember to have all the files related to one exercise inside the same
        folder.

        I created two very simple sample exercises for the APPI presentation
        last week. Here's the link to my new project. Take a look at the
        "Interactive Activities" and see if they are similar to what you need.
        http://teresadeca-radicalenglish.iconosites.com/page/materials

        Hugs, Teresa

        On 01-05-2013 17:52, Susana Canelo wrote:

        > Hello my friends:
        >
        > does anybody know about a dictionary that allows to save pronunciation
        > files as MP3 or something like that ?
        > I'm preparing exercises by using Hot Potatoes and I wanted to try
        > something very simple with audio...
        >
        > Thanks !!
        > Susana

      • frenchbob2001
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2013
          I used dictionary.com and was able to record using audacity as Teresa suggested

          http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

          You can then export to MP3 but you may need to download a .dll - it will tell you when you try to export.

          Bob