Re: Upcoming Learning2gether events (e.g. Shelly Terrell, Friday 2100 GMT)

  • Nina Liakos
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2013
      Hi Vance and sorry I have been absent from the past few Learning2gether events. Just wanted to mention that I am trying out my first MOOC: Dan Ariely of Duke University, A Beginner's Guide to Irrational Behavior, on Coursera. I chose this because 2 of Dan's books, Predictably Irrational and The Honest Truth About Dishonesty, were already on my to-read list, and I could get them bundled with a third book of his for my Nook. Unfortunately I did not learn about this opportunity in time, so I enrolled for no credit in week 4 of a 6-week course and have been scrambling to catch up. I am listening to the lectures but forgoing the readings and interaction--not ideal, but I am still learning a lot and am very impressed with the site--lots of bells and whistles (interactive quizzes, cartoons, jokes) and Ariely is an excellent lecturer!
      So I won't be adding LTMOOC this year. :-)
      Nina