Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Upcoming Learning2gether events (e.g. Shelly Terrell, Friday 2100 GMT)

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 25, 2013
      Hi Vance!

      Just to confirm that the two webcasts this afternoon (13:00 gmt and 15:45
      gmt) will be in English.

      On my way to the conference.

      Hugs, Teresa

      --
      Sent from my iPhone

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 25, 2013
        Ah, got it now ... I just removed the parentheses from "Pronunciation Made
        Easy for speakers of Portuguese"

        Clear now.

        Ok, I'll try to be there. First one is quite likely (an hour from now)

        Vance

        On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
        <teresadeca@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi Vance!
        >
        > Just to confirm that the two webcasts this afternoon (13:00 gmt and 15:45
        > gmt) will be in English.
        >
        > On my way to the conference.
        >
        > Hugs, Teresa
        >
        > --
        > Sent from my iPhone

        Vance Stevens
        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
        http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

      • Nina Liakos
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 27, 2013
          Hi Vance and sorry I have been absent from the past few Learning2gether events. Just wanted to mention that I am trying out my first MOOC: Dan Ariely of Duke University, A Beginner's Guide to Irrational Behavior, on Coursera. I chose this because 2 of Dan's books, Predictably Irrational and The Honest Truth About Dishonesty, were already on my to-read list, and I could get them bundled with a third book of his for my Nook. Unfortunately I did not learn about this opportunity in time, so I enrolled for no credit in week 4 of a 6-week course and have been scrambling to catch up. I am listening to the lectures but forgoing the readings and interaction--not ideal, but I am still learning a lot and am very impressed with the site--lots of bells and whistles (interactive quizzes, cartoons, jokes) and Ariely is an excellent lecturer!
          So I won't be adding LTMOOC this year. :-)
          Nina