Re: [baw2013] Online Session

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 13, 2013
      Hi all,

      Thanks for the reminder of the L2G session at 1400 today Sunday. There
      will be a recording. Recordings of all Learning2gether sessions from 2009
      to present are being reconstructed at http://learning2gether.net

      Vance

      On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM, Maria Bossa <mariabossa1@...>wrote:

      > Hi to you all!
      > I want to invite you to attend an online session about how to liven up
      > your class with a combination of printed material and online resources.
      > Some days ago, our dear Vance Stevens sent an email to this group inviting
      > us to share what we do in our classes. I contacted him and he agreed to
      > share what I do.
      > The session will be at Elluminate http://learningtimesevents.org/webheads/at 14 GMT (11 am Argentinian time).
      > I do hope you can all be there. If not, I'm sure, there will be a
      > recording which I will post again here.
      > Tons of smiles,Maria, co-mod :)
      >
      > Smiles, Maria

    • ppypp2004
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 13, 2013
        Thanks Vance We will be in presidential elections in Venezuela
        Este mensaje ha sido enviado gracias al servicio BlackBerry de Movilnet

        Thanks for the reminder of the L2G session at 1400 today Sunday. There
        will be a recording. Recordings of all Learning2gether sessions from 2009
        to present are being reconstructed at http://learning2gether.net

        Vance

        On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM, Maria Bossa <mariabossa1@...>wrote:

        > Hi to you all!
        > I want to invite you to attend an online session about how to liven up
        > your class with a combination of printed material and online resources.
        > Some days ago, our dear Vance Stevens sent an email to this group inviting
        > us to share what we do in our classes. I contacted him and he agreed to
        > share what I do.
        > The session will be at Elluminate http://learningtimesevents.org/webheads/at 14 GMT (11 am Argentinian time).
        > I do hope you can all be there. If not, I'm sure, there will be a
        > recording which I will post again here.
        > Tons of smiles,Maria, co-mod :)
        >
        > Smiles, Maria

      • John Hibbs
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 15, 2013
          Most native English speakers know the meaning of a mulligan. I
          suspect most ESL students do not. Stretched to its widest
          boundaries, this message has mulligan overtones -- where
          forgiveness is part and parcel to the term. Please forgive what
          follows. The rest has nothing whatsoever to do with the teaching of
          ESL.

          Proceed at your own risk; mindful of Ben Franklin's best advice:
          "Time is the most valuable commodity of them all".

          Boxing is called the 'sweet science'. Baseball is a 'game of inches'.
          Golf, as all who play the game will agree, was concocted in hell by
          the Devil himself. He allows you to make shots equal to any of the
          Greats. Then, with equal measures of cruelty and delight, he puts
          your ball in the woods. Or in the lake. Or places never to be found
          again. (In Hong Kong while looking for a errant shot I met up with a
          cobra...which instantly scrambled off after one look at a raging
          lunatic in the grip of a three-iron.)

          Today, the Devil is now in glee.

          This weekend in Augusta, Tiger was on his way to the lead with a shot
          so perfect it hit the bottom end of the pin; could have easily
          dropped in the hole for an eagle. But, no the Devil, with all his
          craft and evil intent, made the ball bounce into the creek.
          Thereafter, predictably, a media frenzy pounding Tiger. Then, Sunday,
          predictably, Tiger getting off the deck, like a great racehorse down
          the backstretch. But this is golf, the Devil's game so Tiger was,
          predictably punished by a half dozen puts that missed the hole by a
          thread.

          HOWEVER all that blarney is NOT the point of this message. Give me
          one more mulligan. (Or not?) You have been warned...but HERE, finally
          is the point.

          All four days of the Masters I was planted on my couch; but Sunday
          was the best.

          Three marvelous Australians, an Argentine ,and a young, brash Yank --
          are there no other kind? -- were each doing battle with themselves,
          the course and the Devil. The caddy for the Argentine was the man's
          son -- bonded with each other in ways that would make a grown man
          cry. I sensed the two of them were having more fun than anyone on
          the course. Or maybe even anyone watching? You think the tango is
          pretty? Not half as pretty as the show put on by Angel Caberera, a
          grandfather no less.

          But there come the Australians, and how could I not cheer for them?
          I "grew up" in Kangaroo Valley, Earls Court, London, circa 1964;
          traveled overland from England to Sydney with two Ozzies; visited the
          country many, many times,-- one of which, Dear Webheads, was at the
          invitation of Michael Coglan. If that isn't pleasurable company,
          then what is?

          Bless you Webheads for allowing this long rant. The end is near.
          After four full days of golf in regulation, one Argentine and one
          Australian ended up in dead a dead heat. Mano-a-mano, more Tango,
          from tee to green. But it was the tango the Ozzie, Adam Scott, who
          --- his words "put a brand new notch in the belt of Australian
          sports".

          Even the Devil can't take away a Green Jacket as grand as the one now
          enroute to the Down Under.

          Good on ya Mate.

          John
          About Tiger?
          The NY Times has lovely article. Worth reading; if only for the
          pleasure or REALLY good writing.
          Woods's Odd Journey Through Golf's Majors
          <http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/15/sports/golf/a-strange-journey-for-tiger-woods-through-golfs-majors.html?_r=0>
        • Michael Coghlan
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 15, 2013
            Thanks John - I enjoyed this. Good on ya mate indeed!

            - Michael