Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Ideas requested: favorite websites for beginners

  • müzeyyen aykaç
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 7, 2013
      Dear Nina
      Love your list however, can not add  new sites to your list. Am I missing something on the page ?

      Best,
      Müzeyyen from Muğla-Turkey

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8, 2013
        Dear Webheads,

        I would like to share with you my presentation at TESOL Convention 2013, Dallas

        http://www.slideshare.net/chaoukimkaddem/incorporating-world-heritages-and-cultures-into-thematic-units-for-teyl

        Regards
        Chaouki

        To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
        From: beeonline@...
        Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 14:28:08 -0300

        Hi Nina,

        You have not shared it with us with an option to edit (just view). If you

        want us to add, you need to enable us to do so :-)

        Hugs,

        B.

        On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,

        > I am doing a training for volunteer teachers at a Washington DC ESL

        > program next week (Saturday, April 13). The topic is websites that are good

        > for use with beginning ELLs. The audience is mostly adult ed immigrants and

        > diplomatic personnel from the DC area.

        > I have been compiling a list here:

        > https://docs.google.com/document/d/11YdOQ6il6Z2TLniYMSWXt-ja3S4HmV5yxwFNIxogeQ4/edit?usp=sharing The doc should be accessible to anyone with the link.

        > If you have any favorites of your own that you think I should add, please

        > go ahead and add them. You can annotate if you like and please put

        > "recommended by YOUR NAME and your state or country".

        > Thanks for your help.

        > Nina Liakos (Maryland, USA)

        Barbara Dieu

        http://barbaradieu.com

        http://beespace.net

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8, 2013
          Hi Chouki,

          We met briefly at TESOL. Despite staying at the same hotel (I never saw
          ANYone else I knew at that hotel) it seems we did not connect as much at
          TESOL as we have a chance to do throughout the year via Webheads in Action.

          I hope you will offer to give your presentation to us live and online on
          Learning2gether at some point in the near future.

          We are trying to expand the "normal" times to Sunday OR Monday, though noon
          GMT or a few hours later are the only realistic times that I can be
          available on those days. On other days I can be available though not so
          consistently. Shelly Terrell has volunteered to present on a Friday at 2
          a.m. my time, so I might need someone to stand in for me in case I can't
          make it. But this is to say that we are amenable to events outside the
          normal times, especially if you can manage it yourself or we can find
          someone to help.

          Incidentally, I have been working on resurrecting Learning2gether from the
          ashes of the Posterous burnout. The posterous site is still alive to the
          end of the month, but I've been rebuilding at http://learning2gether.net.
          I've got all the media downloaded but it didn't automatically reconnect at
          the new Wordpress site. Still I don't think we've lost anything, just a
          matter of jigsawing it back together in the new location, uploading in
          process as we speak.

          Meanwhile, anyone who gives any kind of presentation anywhere is encouraged
          and welcome to repeat the presentation for the benefit of live listeners
          and an asynchronous archive. Join the wiki at
          http://learning2gether.pbworks.com and write in your presentation or
          negotiate it with me and I'll start the post for you.

          All the best,
          Vance

          On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 1:59 AM, chaouki mkaddem <chaouki-boss@...>wrote:

          > Dear Webheads,
          >
          > I would like to share with you my presentation at TESOL Convention 2013,
          > Dallas
          >

          > http://www.slideshare.net/chaoukimkaddem/incorporating-world-heritages-and-cultures-into-thematic-units-for-teyl
          >
          > Regards
          > Chaouki
          >
          > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
          > From: beeonline@...
          > Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 14:28:08 -0300
          > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Ideas requested: favorite websites
          > for beginners

          > Hi Nina,
          >
          > You have not shared it with us with an option to edit (just view). If you
          >
          > want us to add, you need to enable us to do so :-)
          >
          > Hugs,
          >
          > B.
          >

          > On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Hi all,
          >
          > > I am doing a training for volunteer teachers at a Washington DC ESL
          >
          > > program next week (Saturday, April 13). The topic is websites that are
          > good
          >
          > > for use with beginning ELLs. The audience is mostly adult ed immigrants
          > and
          >
          > > diplomatic personnel from the DC area.
          >

          > > I have been compiling a list here:
          >

          > https://docs.google.com/document/d/11YdOQ6il6Z2TLniYMSWXt-ja3S4HmV5yxwFNIxogeQ4/edit?usp=sharingThe doc should be accessible to anyone with the link.
          >

          > > If you have any favorites of your own that you think I should add, please
          >
          > > go ahead and add them. You can annotate if you like and please put
          >
          > > "recommended by YOUR NAME and your state or country".
          >

          > > Thanks for your help.
          >

          > > Nina Liakos (Maryland, USA)

          > --
          >
          > Barbara Dieu
          >
          > http://barbaradieu.com
          >
          > http://beespace.net

          Vance Stevens
          http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
          http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

        • STELLA
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 9, 2013
            Dearest Nina
            as Barbara mentioned the G-doc is VIEW only, we cannot EDIT

            stella
            from Argentina

            I am doing a training for volunteer teachers at a Washington DC ESL program next week (Saturday, April 13). The topic is websites that are good for use with beginning ELLs. The audience is mostly adult ed immigrants and diplomatic personnel from the DC area.

            I have been compiling a list here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11YdOQ6il6Z2TLniYMSWXt-ja3S4HmV5yxwFNIxogeQ4/edit?usp=sharing The doc should be accessible to anyone with the link.

            If you have any favorites of your own that you think I should add, please go ahead and add them. You can annotate if you like and please put "recommended by YOUR NAME and your state or country".

            Thanks for your help.

            Nina Liakos (Maryland, USA)

            Se certificó que el correo no contiene virus.
            Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es
            Versión: 2012.0.2240 / Base de datos de virus: 2641/5726 - Fecha de la versión: 05/04/2013

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 10, 2013
              Dear Chaouki,

              Very nice! Thank you for sharing. :-)

              Did you meet Webheads in Dallas? Vance said that he only met you once.

              Hugs, Teresa