Ideas requested: favorite websites for beginners

  • Nina Liakos
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 7 9:29 AM
      Hi all,
      I am doing a training for volunteer teachers at a Washington DC ESL program next week (Saturday, April 13). The topic is websites that are good for use with beginning ELLs. The audience is mostly adult ed immigrants and diplomatic personnel from the DC area.

      I have been compiling a list here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11YdOQ6il6Z2TLniYMSWXt-ja3S4HmV5yxwFNIxogeQ4/edit?usp=sharing The doc should be accessible to anyone with the link.

      If you have any favorites of your own that you think I should add, please go ahead and add them. You can annotate if you like and please put "recommended by YOUR NAME and your state or country".

      Thanks for your help.

      Nina Liakos (Maryland, USA)
    • Barbara Dieu
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 7 10:28 AM
        Hi Nina,
        You have not shared it with us with an option to edit (just view). If you
        want us to add, you need to enable us to do so :-)
        Hugs,
        B.

        On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        > I am doing a training for volunteer teachers at a Washington DC ESL
        > program next week (Saturday, April 13). The topic is websites that are good
        > for use with beginning ELLs. The audience is mostly adult ed immigrants and
        > diplomatic personnel from the DC area.
        >
        > I have been compiling a list here:
        > https://docs.google.com/document/d/11YdOQ6il6Z2TLniYMSWXt-ja3S4HmV5yxwFNIxogeQ4/edit?usp=sharing The doc should be accessible to anyone with the link.
        >
        > If you have any favorites of your own that you think I should add, please
        > go ahead and add them. You can annotate if you like and please put
        > "recommended by YOUR NAME and your state or country".
        >
        > Thanks for your help.
        >
        > Nina Liakos (Maryland, USA)

        Barbara Dieu
        http://barbaradieu.com
        http://beespace.net

      • müzeyyen aykaç
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 7 11:07 AM
          Dear Nina
          Love your list however, can not add  new sites to your list. Am I missing something on the page ?

          Best,
          Müzeyyen from Muğla-Turkey

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 8 2:59 PM
            Dear Webheads,

            I would like to share with you my presentation at TESOL Convention 2013, Dallas

            http://www.slideshare.net/chaoukimkaddem/incorporating-world-heritages-and-cultures-into-thematic-units-for-teyl

            Regards
            Chaouki

            To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
            From: beeonline@...
            Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 14:28:08 -0300

            Hi Nina,

            You have not shared it with us with an option to edit (just view). If you

            want us to add, you need to enable us to do so :-)

            Hugs,

            B.

            On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,

            > I am doing a training for volunteer teachers at a Washington DC ESL

            > program next week (Saturday, April 13). The topic is websites that are good

            > for use with beginning ELLs. The audience is mostly adult ed immigrants and

            > diplomatic personnel from the DC area.

            > I have been compiling a list here:

            > https://docs.google.com/document/d/11YdOQ6il6Z2TLniYMSWXt-ja3S4HmV5yxwFNIxogeQ4/edit?usp=sharing The doc should be accessible to anyone with the link.

            > If you have any favorites of your own that you think I should add, please

            > go ahead and add them. You can annotate if you like and please put

            > "recommended by YOUR NAME and your state or country".

            > Thanks for your help.

            > Nina Liakos (Maryland, USA)

            Barbara Dieu

            http://barbaradieu.com

            http://beespace.net

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 8 7:17 PM
              Hi Chouki,

              We met briefly at TESOL. Despite staying at the same hotel (I never saw
              ANYone else I knew at that hotel) it seems we did not connect as much at
              TESOL as we have a chance to do throughout the year via Webheads in Action.

              I hope you will offer to give your presentation to us live and online on
              Learning2gether at some point in the near future.

              We are trying to expand the "normal" times to Sunday OR Monday, though noon
              GMT or a few hours later are the only realistic times that I can be
              available on those days. On other days I can be available though not so
              consistently. Shelly Terrell has volunteered to present on a Friday at 2
              a.m. my time, so I might need someone to stand in for me in case I can't
              make it. But this is to say that we are amenable to events outside the
              normal times, especially if you can manage it yourself or we can find
              someone to help.

              Incidentally, I have been working on resurrecting Learning2gether from the
              ashes of the Posterous burnout. The posterous site is still alive to the
              end of the month, but I've been rebuilding at http://learning2gether.net.
              I've got all the media downloaded but it didn't automatically reconnect at
              the new Wordpress site. Still I don't think we've lost anything, just a
              matter of jigsawing it back together in the new location, uploading in
              process as we speak.

              Meanwhile, anyone who gives any kind of presentation anywhere is encouraged
              and welcome to repeat the presentation for the benefit of live listeners
              and an asynchronous archive. Join the wiki at
              http://learning2gether.pbworks.com and write in your presentation or
              negotiate it with me and I'll start the post for you.

              All the best,
              Vance

              On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 1:59 AM, chaouki mkaddem <chaouki-boss@...>wrote:

              > Dear Webheads,
              >
              > I would like to share with you my presentation at TESOL Convention 2013,
              > Dallas
              >

              > http://www.slideshare.net/chaoukimkaddem/incorporating-world-heritages-and-cultures-into-thematic-units-for-teyl
              >
              > Regards
              > Chaouki
              >
              > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
              > From: beeonline@...
              > Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 14:28:08 -0300
              > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Ideas requested: favorite websites
              > for beginners

              > Hi Nina,
              >
              > You have not shared it with us with an option to edit (just view). If you
              >
              > want us to add, you need to enable us to do so :-)
              >
              > Hugs,
              >
              > B.
              >

              > On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:
              >

              > > Hi all,
              >
              > > I am doing a training for volunteer teachers at a Washington DC ESL
              >
              > > program next week (Saturday, April 13). The topic is websites that are
              > good
              >
              > > for use with beginning ELLs. The audience is mostly adult ed immigrants
              > and
              >
              > > diplomatic personnel from the DC area.
              >

              > > I have been compiling a list here:
              >

              > https://docs.google.com/document/d/11YdOQ6il6Z2TLniYMSWXt-ja3S4HmV5yxwFNIxogeQ4/edit?usp=sharingThe doc should be accessible to anyone with the link.
              >

              > > If you have any favorites of your own that you think I should add, please
              >
              > > go ahead and add them. You can annotate if you like and please put
              >
              > > "recommended by YOUR NAME and your state or country".
              >

              > > Thanks for your help.
              >

              > > Nina Liakos (Maryland, USA)

              > --
              >
              > Barbara Dieu
              >
              > http://barbaradieu.com
              >
              > http://beespace.net

              Vance Stevens
              http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
              http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

            • STELLA
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 9 6:11 AM
                Dearest Nina
                as Barbara mentioned the G-doc is VIEW only, we cannot EDIT

                stella
                from Argentina

                I am doing a training for volunteer teachers at a Washington DC ESL program next week (Saturday, April 13). The topic is websites that are good for use with beginning ELLs. The audience is mostly adult ed immigrants and diplomatic personnel from the DC area.

                I have been compiling a list here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11YdOQ6il6Z2TLniYMSWXt-ja3S4HmV5yxwFNIxogeQ4/edit?usp=sharing The doc should be accessible to anyone with the link.

                If you have any favorites of your own that you think I should add, please go ahead and add them. You can annotate if you like and please put "recommended by YOUR NAME and your state or country".

                Thanks for your help.

                Nina Liakos (Maryland, USA)

                Se certificó que el correo no contiene virus.
                Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es
                Versión: 2012.0.2240 / Base de datos de virus: 2641/5726 - Fecha de la versión: 05/04/2013

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 10 5:04 AM
                  Dear Chaouki,

                  Very nice! Thank you for sharing. :-)

                  Did you meet Webheads in Dallas? Vance said that he only met you once.

                  Hugs, Teresa