Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Google Reader Substitutes

  • Ronaldo Lima, Jr.
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2013
      Hi Maryanne,

      Here's Larry Ferlazzo's great list of alternatives: http://goo.gl/tPaui

      I, personally, am using feedly, web and mobile versions.

      Best wishes from Brazil!

      Ronaldo

      On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Maryanne <maryanneburgos@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I was dismayed to learn that Google Reader will be discontinued in July
      > 2013. Does anyone have a recommendation for a substitute?
      > Thanks,
      > Maryanne

    • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 3, 2013
        Maryanne --
        Here is a pretty comprehensive list of RSS readers, each with a short annotation:
        http://list.ly/list/33u-google-reader-rss-reader-alternatives-crowdsourced-list
        I decided long ago to use Feedblitz, http://www.feedblitz.com/, which sends an email when an update occurs. I just never used to get around to going to the reader site to look at what had happened. Feedblitz also works for other kinds of webpages besides blogs.
        --Elizabeth

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Maryanne" <maryanneburgos@...> wrote:

        > I was dismayed to learn that Google Reader will be discontinued in July 2013. Does anyone have a recommendation for a substitute?
        > Thanks,
        > Maryanne

      • Carla arena
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2013
          Just like Ronaldo, I�m using Feedly and loving it!

          Carla Arena

          On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith <
          ehansonsmi@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Maryanne --
          > Here is a pretty comprehensive list of RSS readers, each with a short
          > annotation:
          >
          > http://list.ly/list/33u-google-reader-rss-reader-alternatives-crowdsourced-list
          > I decided long ago to use Feedblitz, http://www.feedblitz.com/, which
          > sends an email when an update occurs. I just never used to get around to
          > going to the reader site to look at what had happened. Feedblitz also works
          > for other kinds of webpages besides blogs.
          > --Elizabeth
          >
          > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Maryanne" <maryanneburgos@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I was dismayed to learn that Google Reader will be discontinued in July
          > 2013. Does anyone have a recommendation for a substitute?
          > > Thanks,
          > > Maryanne

        • Maryanne
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3, 2013
            Ronaldo,
            Thanks for the link to alternatives.
            Maryanne
          • Maryanne
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 3, 2013
              Elizabeth,
              Thanks for the crowd sourced list. I'll start comparing soon.
              Maryanne
            • Maryanne
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 3, 2013
                Thanks, Carla. I'm going to export my feeds to both Feedly and Netvibes to see how they compare.

                Maryanne
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 5, 2013
                  I wonder if anyone would like to get together in May or June and discuss
                  this further. Reader shuts down July 1 http://googlereader.blogspot.com/

                  This would be for any Sunday / Monday after noon GMT on
                  http://learning2gether.pbworks.com

                  Let me know if interested and if any dates are inconvenient if you're
                  interested.

                  Any other topics, we are lining up presenters for the coming term,

                  Vance

                  --
                  Vance Stevens
                  http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

                • Nina Liakos
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 5, 2013
                    Yes, I'd be interested. I'll be away in France about June 8-23. But if
                    those dates work for others I will reap the benefits when I get back. I am
                    pretty clueless about it myself so would be present as a listener, not as
                    one who had any great suggestions.

                    Nina