Re: Webheads all over the World

  • Natasa
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 18, 2013
      Vance,

      I am glad you found out about this video via an old blog post of mine. I agree, the video is what this community is all about. The reason I can connect with it so well is that I feel it is telling my story as well. That's exactly what happened to me when I joined the Webheads.

      I am sorry it took me so long to reply to this and your comments in my blog, but I was at the IATEFL conference in Slovenia and only got back a week ago. I am still a bit tired. Now, this is just one of those things, but I met Saša while I was there. You can see photos of the two of us here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22816043@N08/8569651551/in/photostream and here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22816043@N08/8570748020/in/photostream .

      And then, as I came back, I found your comment in my blog with a link to this forum thread. Life is funny.

      Natasa Bozic Grojic
      http://lunas994.blogspot.com
      http://www.netvibes.com/lunas994

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 19, 2013
        Hi, Vance and Natasa!

        It's a funny world full of coincidences. Here you are, Vance, talking about
        Natasa's blog post that includes a Webheads video by Sasa. You may not
        remember, but in the 2010 WiA Index link I gave at TI last Sunday,
        Michael's song and Sasa's video (BaW2009) are at the top. :-)
        http://wiaindex2010.pbworks.com/

        Unfortunately, this wiki never really caught on.

        Natasa, two Webheads met in Slovenia recently. Lovely photos!

        There were other Webheads, specifically BaW, meetings this year: Ayat Tawel
        (Egypt) and Maria Bossa (Argentina) in Egypt (Jan13), Svetlana Obenausova
        (Czech Republic) and Mbarek Akaddar (Morocco) in Morocco (Mar13), and
        Arjana Blazic (Croatia) and me in Lisbon (Mar13. What an international and
        friendly community we are! :-)

        Hugs, Teresa

        On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 8:34 AM, Vance Stevens <vancestev@...> wrote:

        > This one just blew me away, brought tears to my eyes
        >
        > I was just rummaging through my Google Reader and was checking Natasa's
        > latest at http://lunas994.blogspot.com/. Natasa's posts were a highlight
        > of
        > MultiMOOC, just one of the online learning communities she is interacting
        > with, and it's always interesting to see how she interweaves her
        > overlapping experiences in her posts.
        >
        > Scrolling down I noticed the old webheads photo gallery embedded in a video
        > in this post
        > http://lunas994.blogspot.com/2009/02/day-14-all-things-beautiful.html
        >
        > Clicking on the video I heard Michael Coghlan singing and saw the video was
        > the work of Sasa Sirk
        > http://youtu.be/H0OvWli2PkQ
        >
        > I'm probably the last to be aware of this, judging from the comments, which
        > range from 2 to 4 years ago. It seems it was a BaW project from way back
        > when.
        >
        > This Sunday Sasa is supposed to join us for Learning2gether when we revisit
        > WritingMatrix, from noon GMT onwards.
        >
        > Anyway, to Sasa: Hvala od srca - thank you from the bottom of my heart. And
        > to all other Webheads as we rediscover one another year after year.
        >
        > Hope to see some of you on Sunday, and I'll send another msg about that
        > shortly.
        >
        > --
        > Vance Stevens
        > http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
        > http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

      • Sasa
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 20, 2013
          Hey, Vance and Nataša,

          hvala vama za prijazne besede :-)

          I continue to use this video as my favorite on and offline intro - and people keep asking afterwards, who are these webheads? And then I open my mouth and can talk for hours :-)...

          This was my EVO homework from Cris Costa's Digifolios session - and the post by Nataša inspired me back then to write about its creation here:

          http://sasasirk.blogspot.com/2009/02/my-becoming-webhead.html

          Nataša, thank you for the links to the topolšica photos. It was sooooo goood to be there with you! Hope the lovely spring sun recharges your batteries soon!

          Warmly,
          Sasa