Re: [evonline2002_webheads] VLE Guide

  • Hala Fawzi
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
      Vance,
      Then, see you in April:-)
      Hala

      --- On Sat, 3/16/13, Vance Stevens <vancestev@...> wrote:

      From: Vance Stevens <vancestev@...>
      Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] VLE Guide
      To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 12:52 PM

      Hala, Barbara, and everyone else,

      There seems to be grist here for one or more great learning2gether
      sessions, around noon, 1300, or 1400 GMT on a Sunday.  Why not volunteer to
      present or host a discussion?

      In April we'll start needing presenters again.  The way it works is ...

         - check
         http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded to
         see when dates are available (at the moment, anytime in April onwards
         - Let Vance know your intentions to present, either via
         vancestev@... or by reply to this list
         - From there, two options ...
            - Send details to Vance
            - or, join the wiki and write in your own event directly on the wiki
            (preferred option :-)

      If doing the latter, be sure to contact Vance first so he can make you a
      writer in the wiki (if you're not already)

      Hope to see more of you online after the current conference season,

      Vance

      On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi, Barbra,
      >
      > You may find some info about how I practically use Schoology with my
      > students from slide no. 41. It's a presneation about egnaged learning and
      > interactive technology but,by  the first part, before introducing the 4
      > tools, I meant to say that the approach might fit any teaching context, not
      > necessary English teaching. I believe the way I used with my students can
      > fit all the other subject areas you mentioned.
      >

      > http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/halafawzi-1729402-interactive-technology-enhance-engaged-learning/
      >
      > Hope this will be of help.
      >
      > Hala
      >
      > --- On Fri, 3/15/13, barbara893782 <barbara.gardner61@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > From: barbara893782 <barbara.gardner61@...>
      > Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] VLE Guide
      > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Friday, March 15, 2013, 5:52 PM
      >

      > Hi everyone
      >
      > We are currently developing a practical guide on the use of VLEs for
      > different HE subjects. We are reasonably mature in our use of the VLE (we
      > use the Moodle platform), but wish to gain a better understanding of how
      > students and tutors use VLEs at university. Please share good practice,
      > ideas and activities related to how we can make the best use of our VLEs in
      > different subject areas, such as English, also for different subjects such
      > as Maths, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Politics, Law, Media, the
      > Sciences, History, Art & Design, and IT. We will then collate and share the
      > guide with all involved.
      >
      > Barbara

      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
      http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

    • chaouki mkaddem
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
        Dear Webheads,

        I am going to present at TESOL Convention 2013 Dallas. I'd love to meet those who are attending. I will visit the EV section. You are cordially invited to join my session on Saturday, March 23rd at 12.30 pm in room Poster Session Area at the Convention Center.
        Title: Incorporating World Heritages and Cultures in Thematic Units for TEYL
        Abstract: TEFL should not be limited to the teaching of linguistic
        skills and the culture of the target language. It should rather
        highlight cultural diversity to prepare young people for a multicultural
        world. Exposure to different cultures at an early age leaves almost no
        room for stereotypes.
        Regards

        Chaouki

        Chaouki M'kaddemSenior EFL teacher,Ministry of Education, Tunisia
        chaouki-boss@...@... phone: +216 96766614

        To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
        From: haloolahakema@...
        Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 05:47:58 -0700

        From: Vance Stevens <vancestev@...>

        To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com

        Date: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 12:52 PM

        Hala, Barbara, and everyone else,

        There seems to be grist here for one or more great learning2gether

        sessions, around noon, 1300, or 1400 GMT on a Sunday. Why not volunteer to

        present or host a discussion?

        In April we'll start needing presenters again. The way it works is ...

        - check

        http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded to

        see when dates are available (at the moment, anytime in April onwards

        - Let Vance know your intentions to present, either via

        vancestev@... or by reply to this list

        - From there, two options ...

        - Send details to Vance

        - or, join the wiki and write in your own event directly on the wiki

        (preferred option :-)

        If doing the latter, be sure to contact Vance first so he can make you a

        writer in the wiki (if you're not already)

        Hope to see more of you online after the current conference season,

        Vance

        On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

        > **

        > Hi, Barbra,

        > You may find some info about how I practically use Schoology with my

        > students from slide no. 41. It's a presneation about egnaged learning and

        > interactive technology but,by the first part, before introducing the 4

        > tools, I meant to say that the approach might fit any teaching context, not

        > necessary English teaching. I believe the way I used with my students can

        > fit all the other subject areas you mentioned.

        > http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/halafawzi-1729402-interactive-technology-enhance-engaged-learning/

        > Hope this will be of help.

        > Hala

        > --- On Fri, 3/15/13, barbara893782 <barbara.gardner61@...>

        > wrote:

        > From: barbara893782 <barbara.gardner61@...>

        > Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] VLE Guide

        > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com

        > Date: Friday, March 15, 2013, 5:52 PM

        > Hi everyone

        > We are currently developing a practical guide on the use of VLEs for

        > different HE subjects. We are reasonably mature in our use of the VLE (we

        > use the Moodle platform), but wish to gain a better understanding of how

        > students and tutors use VLEs at university. Please share good practice,

        > ideas and activities related to how we can make the best use of our VLEs in

        > different subject areas, such as English, also for different subjects such

        > as Maths, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Politics, Law, Media, the

        > Sciences, History, Art & Design, and IT. We will then collate and share the

        > guide with all involved.

        > Barbara

        Vance Stevens

        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

        http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

      • Nina Liakos
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
          Dear Chaouki,

          I'm looking forward to meeting you in Dallas although unhappily I won't be
          around when you do your presentation on Saturday. :-(

          I've sent you an invitation to join the Webheads and Friends blog at
          http://wia-in-dallas.blogspot.com/. I hope that you will contribute some
          posts while you are in Dallas! Your audience is all interested webheads who
          are unable to make it to Dallas.

          I'm arriving Wednesday and am staying at the Fairmont Hotel. You can find
          me at the EV most of Thursday (and probably most of Friday as well).

          Cheers,

          Nina

        • chaouki mkaddem
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
            Hi Nina,

            I got the invitation. Thank you so much. I am staying at Fairmont, too! What a good luck! I am leaving for Dallas in one hour and will be arriving Monday around 11.00 pm. Looking forward to seeing you.

            Cheers

            To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com