Re: [evonline2002_webheads] VLE Guide

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
      Hala, Barbara, and everyone else,

      There seems to be grist here for one or more great learning2gether
      sessions, around noon, 1300, or 1400 GMT on a Sunday. Why not volunteer to
      present or host a discussion?

      In April we'll start needing presenters again. The way it works is ...

      - check
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded to
      see when dates are available (at the moment, anytime in April onwards
      - Let Vance know your intentions to present, either via
      vancestev@... or by reply to this list
      - From there, two options ...
      - Send details to Vance
      - or, join the wiki and write in your own event directly on the wiki
      (preferred option :-)

      If doing the latter, be sure to contact Vance first so he can make you a
      writer in the wiki (if you're not already)

      Hope to see more of you online after the current conference season,

      Vance

      On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi, Barbra,
      >
      > You may find some info about how I practically use Schoology with my
      > students from slide no. 41. It's a presneation about egnaged learning and
      > interactive technology but,by the first part, before introducing the 4
      > tools, I meant to say that the approach might fit any teaching context, not
      > necessary English teaching. I believe the way I used with my students can
      > fit all the other subject areas you mentioned.
      >

      > http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/halafawzi-1729402-interactive-technology-enhance-engaged-learning/
      >
      > Hope this will be of help.
      >
      > Hala
      >
      > --- On Fri, 3/15/13, barbara893782 <barbara.gardner61@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > From: barbara893782 <barbara.gardner61@...>
      > Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] VLE Guide
      > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Friday, March 15, 2013, 5:52 PM
      >

      > Hi everyone
      >
      > We are currently developing a practical guide on the use of VLEs for
      > different HE subjects. We are reasonably mature in our use of the VLE (we
      > use the Moodle platform), but wish to gain a better understanding of how
      > students and tutors use VLEs at university. Please share good practice,
      > ideas and activities related to how we can make the best use of our VLEs in
      > different subject areas, such as English, also for different subjects such
      > as Maths, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Politics, Law, Media, the
      > Sciences, History, Art & Design, and IT. We will then collate and share the
      > guide with all involved.
      >
      > Barbara

      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
      http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

    • Hala Fawzi
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
        Vance,
        Then, see you in April:-)
        Hala

        There seems to be grist here for one or more great learning2gether
        sessions, around noon, 1300, or 1400 GMT on a Sunday.  Why not volunteer to
        present or host a discussion?

        In April we'll start needing presenters again.  The way it works is ...

           - check
           http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded to
           see when dates are available (at the moment, anytime in April onwards
           - Let Vance know your intentions to present, either via
           vancestev@... or by reply to this list
           - From there, two options ...
              - Send details to Vance
              - or, join the wiki and write in your own event directly on the wiki
              (preferred option :-)

        If doing the latter, be sure to contact Vance first so he can make you a
        writer in the wiki (if you're not already)

        Hope to see more of you online after the current conference season,

        Vance

        On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi, Barbra,
        >
        > You may find some info about how I practically use Schoology with my
        > students from slide no. 41. It's a presneation about egnaged learning and
        > interactive technology but,by  the first part, before introducing the 4
        > tools, I meant to say that the approach might fit any teaching context, not
        > necessary English teaching. I believe the way I used with my students can
        > fit all the other subject areas you mentioned.
        >

        > http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/halafawzi-1729402-interactive-technology-enhance-engaged-learning/
        >
        > Hope this will be of help.
        >
        > Hala
        >
        > --- On Fri, 3/15/13, barbara893782 <barbara.gardner61@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > From: barbara893782 <barbara.gardner61@...>
        > Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] VLE Guide
        > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
        > Date: Friday, March 15, 2013, 5:52 PM
        >

        > Hi everyone
        >
        > We are currently developing a practical guide on the use of VLEs for
        > different HE subjects. We are reasonably mature in our use of the VLE (we
        > use the Moodle platform), but wish to gain a better understanding of how
        > students and tutors use VLEs at university. Please share good practice,
        > ideas and activities related to how we can make the best use of our VLEs in
        > different subject areas, such as English, also for different subjects such
        > as Maths, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Politics, Law, Media, the
        > Sciences, History, Art & Design, and IT. We will then collate and share the
        > guide with all involved.
        >
        > Barbara

        Vance Stevens
        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
        http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

      • chaouki mkaddem
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
          Dear Webheads,

          I am going to present at TESOL Convention 2013 Dallas. I'd love to meet those who are attending. I will visit the EV section. You are cordially invited to join my session on Saturday, March 23rd at 12.30 pm in room Poster Session Area at the Convention Center.
          Title: Incorporating World Heritages and Cultures in Thematic Units for TEYL
          Abstract: TEFL should not be limited to the teaching of linguistic
          skills and the culture of the target language. It should rather
          highlight cultural diversity to prepare young people for a multicultural
          world. Exposure to different cultures at an early age leaves almost no
          room for stereotypes.
          Regards

          Chaouki

          Chaouki M'kaddemSenior EFL teacher,Ministry of Education, Tunisia
          chaouki-boss@...@... phone: +216 96766614

          To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
          From: haloolahakema@...
          Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 05:47:58 -0700

          From: Vance Stevens <vancestev@...>

          To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com

          Date: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 12:52 PM

          Hala, Barbara, and everyone else,

          There seems to be grist here for one or more great learning2gether

          sessions, around noon, 1300, or 1400 GMT on a Sunday. Why not volunteer to

          present or host a discussion?

          In April we'll start needing presenters again. The way it works is ...

          - check

          http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded to

          see when dates are available (at the moment, anytime in April onwards

          - Let Vance know your intentions to present, either via

          vancestev@... or by reply to this list

          - From there, two options ...

          - Send details to Vance

          - or, join the wiki and write in your own event directly on the wiki

          (preferred option :-)

          If doing the latter, be sure to contact Vance first so he can make you a

          writer in the wiki (if you're not already)

          Hope to see more of you online after the current conference season,

          Vance

          On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

          > **

          > Hi, Barbra,

          > You may find some info about how I practically use Schoology with my

          > students from slide no. 41. It's a presneation about egnaged learning and

          > interactive technology but,by the first part, before introducing the 4

          > tools, I meant to say that the approach might fit any teaching context, not

          > necessary English teaching. I believe the way I used with my students can

          > fit all the other subject areas you mentioned.

          > http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/halafawzi-1729402-interactive-technology-enhance-engaged-learning/

          > Hope this will be of help.

          > Hala

          > --- On Fri, 3/15/13, barbara893782 <barbara.gardner61@...>

          > wrote:

          > From: barbara893782 <barbara.gardner61@...>

          > Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] VLE Guide

          > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com

          > Date: Friday, March 15, 2013, 5:52 PM

          > Hi everyone

          > We are currently developing a practical guide on the use of VLEs for

          > different HE subjects. We are reasonably mature in our use of the VLE (we

          > use the Moodle platform), but wish to gain a better understanding of how

          > students and tutors use VLEs at university. Please share good practice,

          > ideas and activities related to how we can make the best use of our VLEs in

          > different subject areas, such as English, also for different subjects such

          > as Maths, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Politics, Law, Media, the

          > Sciences, History, Art & Design, and IT. We will then collate and share the

          > guide with all involved.

          > Barbara

          Vance Stevens

          http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

          http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

        • Nina Liakos
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
            Dear Chaouki,

            I'm looking forward to meeting you in Dallas although unhappily I won't be
            around when you do your presentation on Saturday. :-(

            I've sent you an invitation to join the Webheads and Friends blog at
            http://wia-in-dallas.blogspot.com/. I hope that you will contribute some
            posts while you are in Dallas! Your audience is all interested webheads who
            are unable to make it to Dallas.

            I'm arriving Wednesday and am staying at the Fairmont Hotel. You can find
            me at the EV most of Thursday (and probably most of Friday as well).

            Cheers,

            Nina

          • chaouki mkaddem
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
              Hi Nina,

              I got the invitation. Thank you so much. I am staying at Fairmont, too! What a good luck! I am leaving for Dallas in one hour and will be arriving Monday around 11.00 pm. Looking forward to seeing you.

              Cheers

              To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com