VLE Guide

  • barbara893782
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 15, 2013
      Hi everyone

      We are currently developing a practical guide on the use of VLEs for different HE subjects. We are reasonably mature in our use of the VLE (we use the Moodle platform), but wish to gain a better understanding of how students and tutors use VLEs at university. Please share good practice, ideas and activities related to how we can make the best use of our VLEs in different subject areas, such as English, also for different subjects such as Maths, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Politics, Law, Media, the Sciences, History, Art & Design, and IT. We will then collate and share the guide with all involved.

      Barbara
    • Hala Fawzi
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
        Hi, Barbra,

        You may find some info about how I practically use Schoology with my students from slide no. 41. It's a presneation about egnaged learning and interactive technology but,by  the first part, before introducing the 4 tools, I meant to say that the approach might fit any teaching context, not necessary English teaching. I believe the way I used with my students can fit all the other subject areas you mentioned.

        http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/halafawzi-1729402-interactive-technology-enhance-engaged-learning/

        Hope this will be of help.

        Hala

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
          Hala, Barbara, and everyone else,

          There seems to be grist here for one or more great learning2gether
          sessions, around noon, 1300, or 1400 GMT on a Sunday. Why not volunteer to
          present or host a discussion?

          In April we'll start needing presenters again. The way it works is ...

          - check
          http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded to
          see when dates are available (at the moment, anytime in April onwards
          - Let Vance know your intentions to present, either via
          vancestev@... or by reply to this list
          - From there, two options ...
          - Send details to Vance
          - or, join the wiki and write in your own event directly on the wiki
          (preferred option :-)

          If doing the latter, be sure to contact Vance first so he can make you a
          writer in the wiki (if you're not already)

          Hope to see more of you online after the current conference season,

          Vance

          On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hi, Barbra,
          >
          > You may find some info about how I practically use Schoology with my
          > students from slide no. 41. It's a presneation about egnaged learning and
          > interactive technology but,by the first part, before introducing the 4
          > tools, I meant to say that the approach might fit any teaching context, not
          > necessary English teaching. I believe the way I used with my students can
          > fit all the other subject areas you mentioned.
          >

          > http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/halafawzi-1729402-interactive-technology-enhance-engaged-learning/
          >
          > Hope this will be of help.
          >
          > Hala
          >
          > --- On Fri, 3/15/13, barbara893782 <barbara.gardner61@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > From: barbara893782 <barbara.gardner61@...>
          > Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] VLE Guide
          > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: Friday, March 15, 2013, 5:52 PM
          >

          > Hi everyone
          >
          > We are currently developing a practical guide on the use of VLEs for
          > different HE subjects. We are reasonably mature in our use of the VLE (we
          > use the Moodle platform), but wish to gain a better understanding of how
          > students and tutors use VLEs at university. Please share good practice,
          > ideas and activities related to how we can make the best use of our VLEs in
          > different subject areas, such as English, also for different subjects such
          > as Maths, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Politics, Law, Media, the
          > Sciences, History, Art & Design, and IT. We will then collate and share the
          > guide with all involved.
          >
          > Barbara

          Vance Stevens
          http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
          http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

        • Hala Fawzi
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
            Vance,
            Then, see you in April:-)
            Hala

            There seems to be grist here for one or more great learning2gether
            sessions, around noon, 1300, or 1400 GMT on a Sunday.  Why not volunteer to
            present or host a discussion?

            In April we'll start needing presenters again.  The way it works is ...

               - check
               http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded to
               see when dates are available (at the moment, anytime in April onwards
               - Let Vance know your intentions to present, either via
               vancestev@... or by reply to this list
               - From there, two options ...
                  - Send details to Vance
                  - or, join the wiki and write in your own event directly on the wiki
                  (preferred option :-)

            If doing the latter, be sure to contact Vance first so he can make you a
            writer in the wiki (if you're not already)

            Hope to see more of you online after the current conference season,

            Vance

            On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Hi, Barbra,
            >
            > You may find some info about how I practically use Schoology with my
            > students from slide no. 41. It's a presneation about egnaged learning and
            > interactive technology but,by  the first part, before introducing the 4
            > tools, I meant to say that the approach might fit any teaching context, not
            > necessary English teaching. I believe the way I used with my students can
            > fit all the other subject areas you mentioned.
            >

            > http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/halafawzi-1729402-interactive-technology-enhance-engaged-learning/
            >
            > Hope this will be of help.
            >
            > Hala
            >
            > --- On Fri, 3/15/13, barbara893782 <barbara.gardner61@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            > From: barbara893782 <barbara.gardner61@...>
            > Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] VLE Guide
            > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
            > Date: Friday, March 15, 2013, 5:52 PM
            >

            > Hi everyone
            >
            > We are currently developing a practical guide on the use of VLEs for
            > different HE subjects. We are reasonably mature in our use of the VLE (we
            > use the Moodle platform), but wish to gain a better understanding of how
            > students and tutors use VLEs at university. Please share good practice,
            > ideas and activities related to how we can make the best use of our VLEs in
            > different subject areas, such as English, also for different subjects such
            > as Maths, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Politics, Law, Media, the
            > Sciences, History, Art & Design, and IT. We will then collate and share the
            > guide with all involved.
            >
            > Barbara

            Vance Stevens
            http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
            http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

          • chaouki mkaddem
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
              Dear Webheads,

              I am going to present at TESOL Convention 2013 Dallas. I'd love to meet those who are attending. I will visit the EV section. You are cordially invited to join my session on Saturday, March 23rd at 12.30 pm in room Poster Session Area at the Convention Center.
              Title: Incorporating World Heritages and Cultures in Thematic Units for TEYL
              Abstract: TEFL should not be limited to the teaching of linguistic
              skills and the culture of the target language. It should rather
              highlight cultural diversity to prepare young people for a multicultural
              world. Exposure to different cultures at an early age leaves almost no
              room for stereotypes.
              Regards

              Chaouki

              Chaouki M'kaddemSenior EFL teacher,Ministry of Education, Tunisia
              chaouki-boss@...@... phone: +216 96766614

              To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
              From: haloolahakema@...
              Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 05:47:58 -0700

              From: Vance Stevens <vancestev@...>

              To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com

              Date: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 12:52 PM

              Hala, Barbara, and everyone else,

              There seems to be grist here for one or more great learning2gether

              sessions, around noon, 1300, or 1400 GMT on a Sunday. Why not volunteer to

              present or host a discussion?

              In April we'll start needing presenters again. The way it works is ...

              - check

              http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded to

              see when dates are available (at the moment, anytime in April onwards

              - Let Vance know your intentions to present, either via

              vancestev@... or by reply to this list

              - From there, two options ...

              - Send details to Vance

              - or, join the wiki and write in your own event directly on the wiki

              (preferred option :-)

              If doing the latter, be sure to contact Vance first so he can make you a

              writer in the wiki (if you're not already)

              Hope to see more of you online after the current conference season,

              Vance

              On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

              > **

              > Hi, Barbra,

              > You may find some info about how I practically use Schoology with my

              > students from slide no. 41. It's a presneation about egnaged learning and

              > interactive technology but,by the first part, before introducing the 4

              > tools, I meant to say that the approach might fit any teaching context, not

              > necessary English teaching. I believe the way I used with my students can

              > fit all the other subject areas you mentioned.

              > http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/halafawzi-1729402-interactive-technology-enhance-engaged-learning/

              > Hope this will be of help.

              > Hala

              > --- On Fri, 3/15/13, barbara893782 <barbara.gardner61@...>

              > wrote:

              > From: barbara893782 <barbara.gardner61@...>

              > Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] VLE Guide

              > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com

              > Date: Friday, March 15, 2013, 5:52 PM

              > Hi everyone

              > We are currently developing a practical guide on the use of VLEs for

              > different HE subjects. We are reasonably mature in our use of the VLE (we

              > use the Moodle platform), but wish to gain a better understanding of how

              > students and tutors use VLEs at university. Please share good practice,

              > ideas and activities related to how we can make the best use of our VLEs in

              > different subject areas, such as English, also for different subjects such

              > as Maths, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Politics, Law, Media, the

              > Sciences, History, Art & Design, and IT. We will then collate and share the

              > guide with all involved.

              > Barbara

              Vance Stevens

              http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

              http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

            • Nina Liakos
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
                Dear Chaouki,

                I'm looking forward to meeting you in Dallas although unhappily I won't be
                around when you do your presentation on Saturday. :-(

                I've sent you an invitation to join the Webheads and Friends blog at
                http://wia-in-dallas.blogspot.com/. I hope that you will contribute some
                posts while you are in Dallas! Your audience is all interested webheads who
                are unable to make it to Dallas.

                I'm arriving Wednesday and am staying at the Fairmont Hotel. You can find
                me at the EV most of Thursday (and probably most of Friday as well).

                Cheers,

                Nina

              • chaouki mkaddem
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
                  Hi Nina,

                  I got the invitation. Thank you so much. I am staying at Fairmont, too! What a good luck! I am leaving for Dallas in one hour and will be arriving Monday around 11.00 pm. Looking forward to seeing you.

                  Cheers

                  To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com