Re: [evonline2002_webheads] congrats to Argentina! :-)

  • STELLA
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 14, 2013
      Thanks for the congratulations from Argentina!

      I hope God gives him the necessary wisdom to remove the "negative issues" the Church is witnessing these days!

      stella :-)
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 14, 2013
        Thanks Emma for sharing our Happiness .
        Hugs from Argentina

        Enviado desde mi iPad

        El 14/03/2013, a las 13:10, Emma Miliani <emcdef@...> escribió:

        > Congrats to all He is the first pope in 1300 years from outside Europe!
        > Emma Miliani

      • John Hibbs
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 15, 2013
          Dear Webheads: All this spirited talk about the
          new Pope, from Argentina, sparked some VERY
          lovely memory buds. For me, the first ones to
          light up were easy; my memories of the Jesuits
          from Kindergarten to 10th grade, at St
          Catherine's, in Ventura, California. Those
          Jesuits, most especially the Head Master, have
          never left my shoulder. (Especially his comment
          "John, you will get along better here when you
          understand that the Sisters have all the answers
          and the priests have all the questions.)

          But I digress.

          The second memory bud to light up -- perhaps even
          more forcefully than that those from childhood? -
          was that I /honestly/ believe one of the more
          interesting conversations we /ever/ had during
          the Global Learn Day "voyages" was at a "stop" in
          Buenos Aires. There, at the St. Andrews Scots
          School. we "met" with their headmaster, a Jesuit
          from Scotland (hard to imagine a tougher
          combination!) by the name of Gabriel Rshaid. In
          the next hour or so Gabriel led us all of us down
          what my own Jesuit teachers would have called "A
          Socratic Path". Like all good conversations,
          there were many more questions than "answers'" --
          especially regarding some pointed remarks about
          the dangers - of the Internet.

          My take GLD attracted a LOT of tremendously
          thoughtful participants. Gabriel Rshaid was one
          of the best.

          Here are some links about Gabriel.
          http://www.sanandres.esc.edu.ar/

          Last thought. Today's New York Times David Brooks
          had a GREAT article about "Rome" -- and the
          choices ahead for Catholic leadership. David is
          Jewish, but his intellectual landscape truly
          awesome. His piece today is worth savoring.

          NYTimes, March
          How Movements Recover
          March 14, 2013
          <http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/15/opinion/brooks-how-movements-recover.html?n=Top/Opinion/Editorials%20and%20Op-Ed/Op-Ed/Columnists/David%20Brooks>

          John Hibbs
          <skipper@...>

          P.S. I am sending blind copies to Gabriel with
          address that I have stored...and found
          subsequently. If you Google "Gabriel Rshaid" you
          will find him on YouTube, Amazon and as a
          Director ASCD
          http://www.ascd.org/About-ASCD/Governance/Board-of-Directors-Roster/Board-of-Directors-Roster.aspx

          Gabriel: Scroll way down and find links what I
          am up to. Write us. All Webheads would like to
          hear from you; most especially about an Jesuit
          from Argentina, who just got as pretty big job in
          Rome.

          Kind regards to all -- everywhere.

          At 4:52 PM -0300 3/14/13, Maria Bossa wrote:
          >Dear you all! Thanks again for your warm
          >greetings for the new Argentinian Pope. This
          >time I want to share this interesting
          >information since it was mentioned in the mail
          >belowed.
          >I'm from Cordoba province, in the center of
          >Argentina. The Jesuits came to our city 400
          >years ago and founded the 1st University in
          >South America and the whole congregation "La
          >Compañía de Jesus" established here. They did a
          >great job and now, the church and the old
          >university building has been declared a
          >universal belonging by the UNESCO. You can come
          >and visit both places. And even more, you can
          >visit the 7 "estancias" where they lived long
          >time ago. Our province (Cordoba) is very pleased
          >with all this. I warmly invite you to visit
          >Cordoba and the Jesuit buildings. I do hope you
          >can see some of the pics I've attached into this
          >mail. Kind regards,Maria :)
          >Smiles, Maria

          snip snip snip
          --
          John Hibbs
          Director, Benjamin Franklin

          -----------
          Companion Domains
          http://bfranklin.edu

          Global Learn Day 2013
          http://oregonhibbs.com/global-learn-day/

          http://oceanrights.org
          "All that's at stake is the whole human race."

          http://benvoyage.org
          "Emotion Drives The Logic Train"
          GLD Voyages
          http://oregonhibbs.com/global-learn-day/a-voyage-not-a-cruise-not-a-crossing/

          Bucket List -- Gemstones to enlighten the conversation
          http://benvoyage.org/bucket-list-master-list/

          The Future of the Web, in 3D
          http://oregonhibbs.com/2013/03/06/3d-and-the-web/