CALL-IS reception vs webheads dinner

  • Nina Liakos
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2013
      You probably all received this if you are attending TESOL and possibly even if you aren't attending:

      Everyone is invited to the Dallas CALL-IS Reception on Thursday, March 21st, at the Iron Cactus at 8:30. It is just a few minutes from the Convention Center. To get an idea of how many might be there, sign up here. Maps will be available in the EV. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uwfwyAyEdm55PHAAPAel0ERdovzAu3Zw865FgLhoVNs/viewform . One more thing about the Dallas CALL-IS reception Thursday at the Iron Cactus at 8:30. As a volunteer organization CALL-IS can't afford to pay for people's food and appetizers, but appetizers and drinks are all reasonably priced at the Iron Cactus. Please plan accordingly.

      I was assuming that webheads at the convention would go out to dinner that evening. Do you want to go to the reception and then go out to dinner? instead of dinner? or skip the reception and just go to dinner?

      I am hoping to see some webheads for dinner on Wednesday as well. And/or Friday? How to find each other? I will be with Mary at the Fairmont. The phone is 214 720 2020.

      Nina
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2013
        It's hard to control the cats at TESOL Conferences, esp. when the conf is
        over for the day and it gets time to go cattin' around.

        I always like to go out with Webheads and I'm amenable to drinks and/or
        dinner on any and every evening.

        The CALL-IS business meeting is a fixture, and CALL-IS people often go out
        afterwards. This is the first time that I know of they'e organized it in
        advance.

        It looks like the Cactus reception is just a meetup in a bar, and webheads
        could see if that's a nice place to be for dinner, and if so reserve a
        table, http://www.ironcactus.com/dallas.

        When in Texas, y'all gotta try that down home bbq :-)

        Vance

        --
        Vance Stevens
        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

      • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 16, 2013
          I vote for dinner first and drinks after. 8:30 is already late for me (LOL)
          I'll be happy to meet up with any Webheads on Thurs. after the CALL-IS business meeting, eh? and/or rendez-vous at the Iron Cactus? -- unless it's miles away. I'd settle for the Omni hotel restaurant, which I understand is "green."
          Anyway, see you all in the EV!
          --Elizabeth H-S