Re: [evonline2002_webheads] congrats to Argentina! :-)

  • Maria Rosario Di Mónaco
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 13, 2013
      Thank you dear friends! It was really very moving to hear the news,
      especially because he's always been an extremely charismatic person, very
      humble and deeply devoted to those in need.
      Hugs
      Mary

      On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
      <teresadeca@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Dear friends,
      >
      > I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all my Argentinian friends
      > on the election of Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America, the
      > first Pope from outside of Europe and the first Pope named Francis.
      >
      > Hugs all, Teresa
      >
      > --
      > Sent from my iPhone

    • Emma Miliani
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 14, 2013
        Congrats to all  He is the first pope in 1300 years from outside Europe!
        Emma Miliani

      • Maria Bossa
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 14, 2013
          Dear you all!
          Thanks again for your warm greetings for the new Argentinian Pope. This time I want to share this interesting information since it was mentioned in the mail belowed.
          I'm from Cordoba province, in the center of Argentina. The Jesuits came to our city 400 years ago and founded the 1st University in South America and the whole congregation "La Compa��a de Jesus" established here. They did a great job and now, the church and the old university building has been declared a universal belonging by the UNESCO. You can come and visit both places. And even more, you can visit the 7 "estancias" where they lived long time ago. Our province (Cordoba) is very pleased with all this.
          I warmly invite you to visit Cordoba and the Jesuit buildings. I do hope you can see some of the pics I've attached into this mail.
          Kind regards,Maria :)

          Smiles, Maria

          To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com; baw2013@yahoogroups.com
          From: skipper@...
          Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 12:42:32 -0800
          Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] congrats to Argentina! :-)

          Let me add my own congratulations.

          I am especially pleased the man is a Jesuit -- arguably, the best

          educators on the planet. I am also deeply impressed by his modesty

          and his commitment to the poor. It's wonderful he comes from the

          Americas; even better that he comes from the southern half.

          Now.....Let's hope he can move some sand grains to make the bricks it

          will take to pave a road where Rome ultimately accepts gays, gay

          marriage, women at every level of the Church. Priest. Bishop.

          Cardinal. Pope.

          Change is always hard; in this case as hard as it gets. Pope Francis,

          we wish you well.

          Nobody knows this more than Webheads How easy is it to change

          practices long-held in your schools?

          At 7:42 PM +0000 3/13/13, Teresa Almeida d'Eca wrote:

          >Dear friends,

          >I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all my Argentinian friends

          >on the election of Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America, the

          >first Pope from outside of Europe and the first Pope named Francis.

          >Hugs all, Teresa

        • STELLA
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 14, 2013
            Thanks for the congratulations from Argentina!

            I hope God gives him the necessary wisdom to remove the "negative issues" the Church is witnessing these days!

            stella :-)
            I am especially pleased the man is a Jesuit -- arguably, the best
            educators on the planet. I am also deeply impressed by his modesty
            and his commitment to the poor. It's wonderful he comes from the
            Americas; even better that he comes from the southern half.

            Now.....Let's hope he can move some sand grains to make the bricks it
            will take to pave a road where Rome ultimately accepts gays, gay
            marriage, women at every level of the Church. Priest. Bishop.
            Cardinal. Pope.

            Change is always hard; in this case as hard as it gets. Pope Francis,
            we wish you well.

            Nobody knows this more than Webheads How easy is it to change
            practices long-held in your schools?

            At 7:42 PM +0000 3/13/13, Teresa Almeida d'Eca wrote:
            >Dear friends,
            >
            >I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all my Argentinian friends
            >on the election of Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America, the
            >first Pope from outside of Europe and the first Pope named Francis.
            >
            >Hugs all, Teresa

            Se certificó que el correo no contiene virus.
            Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es
            Versión: 2012.0.2240 / Base de datos de virus: 2641/5673 - Fecha de la versión: 14/03/2013

          • John Hibbs
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 14, 2013
              Let me add my own congratulations.

              I am especially pleased the man is a Jesuit -- arguably, the best
              educators on the planet. I am also deeply impressed by his modesty
              and his commitment to the poor. It's wonderful he comes from the
              Americas; even better that he comes from the southern half.

              Now.....Let's hope he can move some sand grains to make the bricks it
              will take to pave a road where Rome ultimately accepts gays, gay
              marriage, women at every level of the Church. Priest. Bishop.
              Cardinal. Pope.

              Change is always hard; in this case as hard as it gets. Pope Francis,
              we wish you well.

              Nobody knows this more than Webheads How easy is it to change
              practices long-held in your schools?

              At 7:42 PM +0000 3/13/13, Teresa Almeida d'Eca wrote:
              >Dear friends,
              >
              >I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all my Argentinian friends
              >on the election of Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America, the
              >first Pope from outside of Europe and the first Pope named Francis.
              >
              >Hugs all, Teresa

            • Susana Canelo
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 14, 2013
                Thanks Emma for sharing our Happiness .
                Hugs from Argentina

                Enviado desde mi iPad

                El 14/03/2013, a las 13:10, Emma Miliani <emcdef@...> escribió:

                > Congrats to all He is the first pope in 1300 years from outside Europe!
                > Emma Miliani

              • John Hibbs
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 15, 2013
                  Dear Webheads: All this spirited talk about the
                  new Pope, from Argentina, sparked some VERY
                  lovely memory buds. For me, the first ones to
                  light up were easy; my memories of the Jesuits
                  from Kindergarten to 10th grade, at St
                  Catherine's, in Ventura, California. Those
                  Jesuits, most especially the Head Master, have
                  never left my shoulder. (Especially his comment
                  "John, you will get along better here when you
                  understand that the Sisters have all the answers
                  and the priests have all the questions.)

                  But I digress.

                  The second memory bud to light up -- perhaps even
                  more forcefully than that those from childhood? -
                  was that I /honestly/ believe one of the more
                  interesting conversations we /ever/ had during
                  the Global Learn Day "voyages" was at a "stop" in
                  Buenos Aires. There, at the St. Andrews Scots
                  School. we "met" with their headmaster, a Jesuit
                  from Scotland (hard to imagine a tougher
                  combination!) by the name of Gabriel Rshaid. In
                  the next hour or so Gabriel led us all of us down
                  what my own Jesuit teachers would have called "A
                  Socratic Path". Like all good conversations,
                  there were many more questions than "answers'" --
                  especially regarding some pointed remarks about
                  the dangers - of the Internet.

                  My take GLD attracted a LOT of tremendously
                  thoughtful participants. Gabriel Rshaid was one
                  of the best.

                  Here are some links about Gabriel.
                  http://www.sanandres.esc.edu.ar/

                  Last thought. Today's New York Times David Brooks
                  had a GREAT article about "Rome" -- and the
                  choices ahead for Catholic leadership. David is
                  Jewish, but his intellectual landscape truly
                  awesome. His piece today is worth savoring.

                  NYTimes, March
                  How Movements Recover
                  March 14, 2013
                  <http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/15/opinion/brooks-how-movements-recover.html?n=Top/Opinion/Editorials%20and%20Op-Ed/Op-Ed/Columnists/David%20Brooks>

                  John Hibbs
                  <skipper@...>

                  P.S. I am sending blind copies to Gabriel with
                  address that I have stored...and found
                  subsequently. If you Google "Gabriel Rshaid" you
                  will find him on YouTube, Amazon and as a
                  Director ASCD
                  http://www.ascd.org/About-ASCD/Governance/Board-of-Directors-Roster/Board-of-Directors-Roster.aspx

                  Gabriel: Scroll way down and find links what I
                  am up to. Write us. All Webheads would like to
                  hear from you; most especially about an Jesuit
                  from Argentina, who just got as pretty big job in
                  Rome.

                  Kind regards to all -- everywhere.

                  At 4:52 PM -0300 3/14/13, Maria Bossa wrote:
                  >Dear you all! Thanks again for your warm
                  >greetings for the new Argentinian Pope. This
                  >time I want to share this interesting
                  >information since it was mentioned in the mail
                  >belowed.
                  >I'm from Cordoba province, in the center of
                  >Argentina. The Jesuits came to our city 400
                  >years ago and founded the 1st University in
                  >South America and the whole congregation "La
                  >Compañía de Jesus" established here. They did a
                  >great job and now, the church and the old
                  >university building has been declared a
                  >universal belonging by the UNESCO. You can come
                  >and visit both places. And even more, you can
                  >visit the 7 "estancias" where they lived long
                  >time ago. Our province (Cordoba) is very pleased
                  >with all this. I warmly invite you to visit
                  >Cordoba and the Jesuit buildings. I do hope you
                  >can see some of the pics I've attached into this
                  >mail. Kind regards,Maria :)
                  >Smiles, Maria

                  snip snip snip
                  --
                  John Hibbs
                  Director, Benjamin Franklin

                  -----------
                  Companion Domains
                  http://bfranklin.edu

                  Global Learn Day 2013
                  http://oregonhibbs.com/global-learn-day/

                  http://oceanrights.org
                  "All that's at stake is the whole human race."

                  http://benvoyage.org
                  "Emotion Drives The Logic Train"
                  GLD Voyages
                  http://oregonhibbs.com/global-learn-day/a-voyage-not-a-cruise-not-a-crossing/

                  Bucket List -- Gemstones to enlighten the conversation
                  http://benvoyage.org/bucket-list-master-list/

                  The Future of the Web, in 3D
                  http://oregonhibbs.com/2013/03/06/3d-and-the-web/