Re: [evonline2002_webheads] congrats to Argentina! :-)

  • Jennifer Verschoor
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 13, 2013
      Thank you dear webheads for your warm words. We are all celebrating and my
      God bless Francis I.

      Love,
      Jennifer

      On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
      <teresadeca@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Dear friends,
      >
      > I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all my Argentinian friends
      > on the election of Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America, the
      > first Pope from outside of Europe and the first Pope named Francis.
      >
      > Hugs all, Teresa
      >
      > --
      > Sent from my iPhone

      Jennifer Verschoor
      www.jenverschoor.wordpress.com

    • Susana Canelo
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 13, 2013
        Thanks for sharing our happiness !! God bless our Pope and God bless you all dear Webheads !!

        Hugs
        Susana from Argentina

        ________________________________
        I am so excited for the new Pope Francis! The first one from Latin America! Congratulations, Argentinian Webheads!!!!

        Beijocas,
        Cintia

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 13, 2013
          Thanks Barbara !!! we're really happy !
          Hugs from Argentina

          Susana

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 13, 2013
            Thanks Teresa !!
            Hugs and blessings from Argentina .
            Susana

            ________________________________
            I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all my Argentinian friends
            on the election of Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America, the
            first Pope from outside of Europe and the first Pope named Francis.

            Hugs all, Teresa

            --
            Sent from my iPhone

          • Maria Rosario Di Mónaco
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 13, 2013
              Thank you dear friends! It was really very moving to hear the news,
              especially because he's always been an extremely charismatic person, very
              humble and deeply devoted to those in need.
              Hugs
              Mary

              On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
              <teresadeca@...>wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Dear friends,
              >
              > I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all my Argentinian friends
              > on the election of Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America, the
              > first Pope from outside of Europe and the first Pope named Francis.
              >
              > Hugs all, Teresa
              >
              > --
              > Sent from my iPhone

            • Emma Miliani
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 14, 2013
                Congrats to all  He is the first pope in 1300 years from outside Europe!
                Emma Miliani

              • Maria Bossa
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 14, 2013
                  Dear you all!
                  Thanks again for your warm greetings for the new Argentinian Pope. This time I want to share this interesting information since it was mentioned in the mail belowed.
                  I'm from Cordoba province, in the center of Argentina. The Jesuits came to our city 400 years ago and founded the 1st University in South America and the whole congregation "La Compa��a de Jesus" established here. They did a great job and now, the church and the old university building has been declared a universal belonging by the UNESCO. You can come and visit both places. And even more, you can visit the 7 "estancias" where they lived long time ago. Our province (Cordoba) is very pleased with all this.
                  I warmly invite you to visit Cordoba and the Jesuit buildings. I do hope you can see some of the pics I've attached into this mail.
                  Kind regards,Maria :)

                  Smiles, Maria

                  To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com; baw2013@yahoogroups.com
                  From: skipper@...
                  Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 12:42:32 -0800

                  Let me add my own congratulations.

                  I am especially pleased the man is a Jesuit -- arguably, the best

                  educators on the planet. I am also deeply impressed by his modesty

                  and his commitment to the poor. It's wonderful he comes from the

                  Americas; even better that he comes from the southern half.

                  Now.....Let's hope he can move some sand grains to make the bricks it

                  will take to pave a road where Rome ultimately accepts gays, gay

                  marriage, women at every level of the Church. Priest. Bishop.

                  Cardinal. Pope.

                  Change is always hard; in this case as hard as it gets. Pope Francis,

                  we wish you well.

                  Nobody knows this more than Webheads How easy is it to change

                  practices long-held in your schools?

                  At 7:42 PM +0000 3/13/13, Teresa Almeida d'Eca wrote:

                  >Dear friends,

                  >I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all my Argentinian friends

                  >on the election of Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America, the

                  >first Pope from outside of Europe and the first Pope named Francis.

                  >Hugs all, Teresa

                • STELLA
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 14, 2013
                    Thanks for the congratulations from Argentina!

                    I hope God gives him the necessary wisdom to remove the "negative issues" the Church is witnessing these days!

                    stella :-)
                    I am especially pleased the man is a Jesuit -- arguably, the best
                    educators on the planet. I am also deeply impressed by his modesty
                    and his commitment to the poor. It's wonderful he comes from the
                    Americas; even better that he comes from the southern half.

                    Now.....Let's hope he can move some sand grains to make the bricks it
                    will take to pave a road where Rome ultimately accepts gays, gay
                    marriage, women at every level of the Church. Priest. Bishop.
                    Cardinal. Pope.

                    Change is always hard; in this case as hard as it gets. Pope Francis,
                    we wish you well.

                    Nobody knows this more than Webheads How easy is it to change
                    practices long-held in your schools?

                    At 7:42 PM +0000 3/13/13, Teresa Almeida d'Eca wrote:
                    >Dear friends,
                    >
                    >I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all my Argentinian friends
                    >on the election of Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America, the
                    >first Pope from outside of Europe and the first Pope named Francis.
                    >
                    >Hugs all, Teresa

                    Se certificó que el correo no contiene virus.
                    Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es
                    Versión: 2012.0.2240 / Base de datos de virus: 2641/5673 - Fecha de la versión: 14/03/2013

                  • John Hibbs
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 14, 2013
                      Let me add my own congratulations.

                      I am especially pleased the man is a Jesuit -- arguably, the best
                      educators on the planet. I am also deeply impressed by his modesty
                      and his commitment to the poor. It's wonderful he comes from the
                      Americas; even better that he comes from the southern half.

                      Now.....Let's hope he can move some sand grains to make the bricks it
                      will take to pave a road where Rome ultimately accepts gays, gay
                      marriage, women at every level of the Church. Priest. Bishop.
                      Cardinal. Pope.

                      Change is always hard; in this case as hard as it gets. Pope Francis,
                      we wish you well.

                      Nobody knows this more than Webheads How easy is it to change
                      practices long-held in your schools?

                      At 7:42 PM +0000 3/13/13, Teresa Almeida d'Eca wrote:
                      >Dear friends,
                      >
                      >I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all my Argentinian friends
                      >on the election of Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America, the
                      >first Pope from outside of Europe and the first Pope named Francis.
                      >
                      >Hugs all, Teresa

                    • Susana Canelo
                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 14, 2013
                        Thanks Emma for sharing our Happiness .
                        Hugs from Argentina

                        Enviado desde mi iPad

                        El 14/03/2013, a las 13:10, Emma Miliani <emcdef@...> escribió:

                        > Congrats to all He is the first pope in 1300 years from outside Europe!
                        > Emma Miliani

                      • John Hibbs
                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 15, 2013
                          Dear Webheads: All this spirited talk about the
                          new Pope, from Argentina, sparked some VERY
                          lovely memory buds. For me, the first ones to
                          light up were easy; my memories of the Jesuits
                          from Kindergarten to 10th grade, at St
                          Catherine's, in Ventura, California. Those
                          Jesuits, most especially the Head Master, have
                          never left my shoulder. (Especially his comment
                          "John, you will get along better here when you
                          understand that the Sisters have all the answers
                          and the priests have all the questions.)

                          But I digress.

                          The second memory bud to light up -- perhaps even
                          more forcefully than that those from childhood? -
                          was that I /honestly/ believe one of the more
                          interesting conversations we /ever/ had during
                          the Global Learn Day "voyages" was at a "stop" in
                          Buenos Aires. There, at the St. Andrews Scots
                          School. we "met" with their headmaster, a Jesuit
                          from Scotland (hard to imagine a tougher
                          combination!) by the name of Gabriel Rshaid. In
                          the next hour or so Gabriel led us all of us down
                          what my own Jesuit teachers would have called "A
                          Socratic Path". Like all good conversations,
                          there were many more questions than "answers'" --
                          especially regarding some pointed remarks about
                          the dangers - of the Internet.

                          My take GLD attracted a LOT of tremendously
                          thoughtful participants. Gabriel Rshaid was one
                          of the best.

                          Here are some links about Gabriel.
                          http://www.sanandres.esc.edu.ar/

                          Last thought. Today's New York Times David Brooks
                          had a GREAT article about "Rome" -- and the
                          choices ahead for Catholic leadership. David is
                          Jewish, but his intellectual landscape truly
                          awesome. His piece today is worth savoring.

                          NYTimes, March
                          How Movements Recover
                          March 14, 2013
                          <http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/15/opinion/brooks-how-movements-recover.html?n=Top/Opinion/Editorials%20and%20Op-Ed/Op-Ed/Columnists/David%20Brooks>

                          John Hibbs
                          <skipper@...>

                          P.S. I am sending blind copies to Gabriel with
                          address that I have stored...and found
                          subsequently. If you Google "Gabriel Rshaid" you
                          will find him on YouTube, Amazon and as a
                          Director ASCD
                          http://www.ascd.org/About-ASCD/Governance/Board-of-Directors-Roster/Board-of-Directors-Roster.aspx

                          Gabriel: Scroll way down and find links what I
                          am up to. Write us. All Webheads would like to
                          hear from you; most especially about an Jesuit
                          from Argentina, who just got as pretty big job in
                          Rome.

                          Kind regards to all -- everywhere.

                          At 4:52 PM -0300 3/14/13, Maria Bossa wrote:
                          >Dear you all! Thanks again for your warm
                          >greetings for the new Argentinian Pope. This
                          >time I want to share this interesting
                          >information since it was mentioned in the mail
                          >belowed.
                          >I'm from Cordoba province, in the center of
                          >Argentina. The Jesuits came to our city 400
                          >years ago and founded the 1st University in
                          >South America and the whole congregation "La
                          >Compañía de Jesus" established here. They did a
                          >great job and now, the church and the old
                          >university building has been declared a
                          >universal belonging by the UNESCO. You can come
                          >and visit both places. And even more, you can
                          >visit the 7 "estancias" where they lived long
                          >time ago. Our province (Cordoba) is very pleased
                          >with all this. I warmly invite you to visit
                          >Cordoba and the Jesuit buildings. I do hope you
                          >can see some of the pics I've attached into this
                          >mail. Kind regards,Maria :)
                          >Smiles, Maria

                          snip snip snip
                          --
                          John Hibbs
                          Director, Benjamin Franklin

                          -----------
                          Companion Domains
                          http://bfranklin.edu

                          Global Learn Day 2013
                          http://oregonhibbs.com/global-learn-day/

                          http://oceanrights.org
                          "All that's at stake is the whole human race."

                          http://benvoyage.org
                          "Emotion Drives The Logic Train"
                          GLD Voyages
                          http://oregonhibbs.com/global-learn-day/a-voyage-not-a-cruise-not-a-crossing/

                          Bucket List -- Gemstones to enlighten the conversation
                          http://benvoyage.org/bucket-list-master-list/

                          The Future of the Web, in 3D
                          http://oregonhibbs.com/2013/03/06/3d-and-the-web/