congrats to Argentina! :-)

    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 13 12:42 PM
      Dear friends,

      I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all my Argentinian friends
      on the election of Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America, the
      first Pope from outside of Europe and the first Pope named Francis.

      Hugs all, Teresa

      --
      Sent from my iPhone

    • Bauer-Ramazani, Christine
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 13 12:53 PM
        Same here! I just posted on Facebook - what an exciting new era for the Argentinians and South Americans!

        Christine
        Christine Bauer-Ramazani
        2009-10 Chair, CALL-IS of TESOL
        Instructor, Applied Linguistics Department
        Saint Michael's College phone: 802-654-2642
        One Winooski Park fax: 802-654-2595
        Colchester, VT 05439-0253
        web site: academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/<http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/>
        online CALL course: academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/gsl520_online/demo/CALL_Online_demo.htm<http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/gsl520_online/demo/CALL_Online_demo.htm>
        "Das Leben hinterlässt kleine Kratzer, aber es stört uns nicht beim Leuchten!"

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 13 1:07 PM
          Congratulations to Los Hermanos, as Brazilians call the Argentinians :-)
          B.

          --
          Barbara Dieu
          http://barbaradieu.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 13 1:28 PM
            Dear Webheads,

            I am so excited for the new Pope Francis! The first one from Latin America! Congratulations, Argentinian Webheads!!!!

            Beijocas,
            Cintia

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 13 1:29 PM
              Hi dear you all!
              Thanks for the words! I hope he blesses us, shows us the best way to a better life and gives us peace (us=all people around the world).
              Maria Bossa, from Cordoba, Argentina :)

              Smiles, Maria

              To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
              From: beeonline@...
              Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 17:07:01 -0300
              Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] congrats to Argentina! :-)

              Congratulations to Los Hermanos, as Brazilians call the Argentinians :-)

              B.

              --

              Barbara Dieu

              http://barbaradieu.com

              http://beespace.net

            • Jennifer Verschoor
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 13 1:37 PM
                Thank you dear webheads for your warm words. We are all celebrating and my
                God bless Francis I.

                Love,
                Jennifer

                On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
                <teresadeca@...>wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Dear friends,
                >
                > I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all my Argentinian friends
                > on the election of Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America, the
                > first Pope from outside of Europe and the first Pope named Francis.
                >
                > Hugs all, Teresa
                >
                > --
                > Sent from my iPhone

                Jennifer Verschoor
                www.jenverschoor.wordpress.com

              • Susana Canelo
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 13 5:08 PM
                  Thanks for sharing our happiness !! God bless our Pope and God bless you all dear Webheads !!

                  Hugs
                  Susana from Argentina

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 13 5:09 PM
                    Thanks Barbara !!! we're really happy !
                    Hugs from Argentina

                    Susana

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 13 5:10 PM
                      Thanks Teresa !!
                      Hugs and blessings from Argentina .
                      Susana

                      ________________________________
                      I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all my Argentinian friends
                      on the election of Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America, the
                      first Pope from outside of Europe and the first Pope named Francis.

                      Hugs all, Teresa

                      --
                      Sent from my iPhone

                    • Maria Rosario Di Mónaco
                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 13 7:31 PM
                        Thank you dear friends! It was really very moving to hear the news,
                        especially because he's always been an extremely charismatic person, very
                        humble and deeply devoted to those in need.
                        Hugs
                        Mary

                        On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
                        <teresadeca@...>wrote:

                        > **
                        >

                        > Dear friends,
                        >
                        > I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all my Argentinian friends
                        > on the election of Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America, the
                        > first Pope from outside of Europe and the first Pope named Francis.
                        >
                        > Hugs all, Teresa
                        >
                        > --
                        > Sent from my iPhone

                      • Emma Miliani
                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 14 9:10 AM
                          Congrats to all  He is the first pope in 1300 years from outside Europe!
                          Emma Miliani

                        • Maria Bossa
                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 14 12:52 PM
                            Dear you all!
                            Thanks again for your warm greetings for the new Argentinian Pope. This time I want to share this interesting information since it was mentioned in the mail belowed.
                            I'm from Cordoba province, in the center of Argentina. The Jesuits came to our city 400 years ago and founded the 1st University in South America and the whole congregation "La Compa��a de Jesus" established here. They did a great job and now, the church and the old university building has been declared a universal belonging by the UNESCO. You can come and visit both places. And even more, you can visit the 7 "estancias" where they lived long time ago. Our province (Cordoba) is very pleased with all this.
                            I warmly invite you to visit Cordoba and the Jesuit buildings. I do hope you can see some of the pics I've attached into this mail.
                            Kind regards,Maria :)

                            Smiles, Maria

                            To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com; baw2013@yahoogroups.com
                            From: skipper@...
                            Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 12:42:32 -0800

                            Let me add my own congratulations.

                            I am especially pleased the man is a Jesuit -- arguably, the best

                            educators on the planet. I am also deeply impressed by his modesty

                            and his commitment to the poor. It's wonderful he comes from the

                            Americas; even better that he comes from the southern half.

                            Now.....Let's hope he can move some sand grains to make the bricks it

                            will take to pave a road where Rome ultimately accepts gays, gay

                            marriage, women at every level of the Church. Priest. Bishop.

                            Cardinal. Pope.

                            Change is always hard; in this case as hard as it gets. Pope Francis,

                            we wish you well.

                            Nobody knows this more than Webheads How easy is it to change

                            practices long-held in your schools?

                            At 7:42 PM +0000 3/13/13, Teresa Almeida d'Eca wrote:

                            >Dear friends,

                            >I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all my Argentinian friends

                            >on the election of Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America, the

                            >first Pope from outside of Europe and the first Pope named Francis.

                            >Hugs all, Teresa

                          • STELLA
                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 14 1:08 PM
                              Thanks for the congratulations from Argentina!

                              I hope God gives him the necessary wisdom to remove the "negative issues" the Church is witnessing these days!

                              stella :-)
                              I am especially pleased the man is a Jesuit -- arguably, the best
                              educators on the planet. I am also deeply impressed by his modesty
                              and his commitment to the poor. It's wonderful he comes from the
                              Americas; even better that he comes from the southern half.

                              Now.....Let's hope he can move some sand grains to make the bricks it
                              will take to pave a road where Rome ultimately accepts gays, gay
                              marriage, women at every level of the Church. Priest. Bishop.
                              Cardinal. Pope.

                              Change is always hard; in this case as hard as it gets. Pope Francis,
                              we wish you well.

                              Nobody knows this more than Webheads How easy is it to change
                              practices long-held in your schools?

                              At 7:42 PM +0000 3/13/13, Teresa Almeida d'Eca wrote:
                              >Dear friends,
                              >
                              >I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all my Argentinian friends
                              >on the election of Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America, the
                              >first Pope from outside of Europe and the first Pope named Francis.
                              >
                              >Hugs all, Teresa

                              Se certificó que el correo no contiene virus.
                              Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es
                              Versión: 2012.0.2240 / Base de datos de virus: 2641/5673 - Fecha de la versión: 14/03/2013

                            • John Hibbs
                              Message 14 of 16 , Mar 14 1:42 PM
                                Let me add my own congratulations.

                                I am especially pleased the man is a Jesuit -- arguably, the best
                                educators on the planet. I am also deeply impressed by his modesty
                                and his commitment to the poor. It's wonderful he comes from the
                                Americas; even better that he comes from the southern half.

                                Now.....Let's hope he can move some sand grains to make the bricks it
                                will take to pave a road where Rome ultimately accepts gays, gay
                                marriage, women at every level of the Church. Priest. Bishop.
                                Cardinal. Pope.

                                Change is always hard; in this case as hard as it gets. Pope Francis,
                                we wish you well.

                                Nobody knows this more than Webheads How easy is it to change
                                practices long-held in your schools?

                                At 7:42 PM +0000 3/13/13, Teresa Almeida d'Eca wrote:
                                >Dear friends,
                                >
                                >I'd like to send my warmest congratulations to all my Argentinian friends
                                >on the election of Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America, the
                                >first Pope from outside of Europe and the first Pope named Francis.
                                >
                                >Hugs all, Teresa

                              • Susana Canelo
                                Message 15 of 16 , Mar 14 2:46 PM
                                  Thanks Emma for sharing our Happiness .
                                  Hugs from Argentina

                                  Enviado desde mi iPad

                                  El 14/03/2013, a las 13:10, Emma Miliani <emcdef@...> escribió:

                                  > Congrats to all He is the first pope in 1300 years from outside Europe!
                                  > Emma Miliani

                                • John Hibbs
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Mar 15 9:01 AM
                                    Dear Webheads: All this spirited talk about the
                                    new Pope, from Argentina, sparked some VERY
                                    lovely memory buds. For me, the first ones to
                                    light up were easy; my memories of the Jesuits
                                    from Kindergarten to 10th grade, at St
                                    Catherine's, in Ventura, California. Those
                                    Jesuits, most especially the Head Master, have
                                    never left my shoulder. (Especially his comment
                                    "John, you will get along better here when you
                                    understand that the Sisters have all the answers
                                    and the priests have all the questions.)

                                    But I digress.

                                    The second memory bud to light up -- perhaps even
                                    more forcefully than that those from childhood? -
                                    was that I /honestly/ believe one of the more
                                    interesting conversations we /ever/ had during
                                    the Global Learn Day "voyages" was at a "stop" in
                                    Buenos Aires. There, at the St. Andrews Scots
                                    School. we "met" with their headmaster, a Jesuit
                                    from Scotland (hard to imagine a tougher
                                    combination!) by the name of Gabriel Rshaid. In
                                    the next hour or so Gabriel led us all of us down
                                    what my own Jesuit teachers would have called "A
                                    Socratic Path". Like all good conversations,
                                    there were many more questions than "answers'" --
                                    especially regarding some pointed remarks about
                                    the dangers - of the Internet.

                                    My take GLD attracted a LOT of tremendously
                                    thoughtful participants. Gabriel Rshaid was one
                                    of the best.

                                    Here are some links about Gabriel.
                                    http://www.sanandres.esc.edu.ar/

                                    Last thought. Today's New York Times David Brooks
                                    had a GREAT article about "Rome" -- and the
                                    choices ahead for Catholic leadership. David is
                                    Jewish, but his intellectual landscape truly
                                    awesome. His piece today is worth savoring.

                                    NYTimes, March
                                    How Movements Recover
                                    March 14, 2013
                                    <http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/15/opinion/brooks-how-movements-recover.html?n=Top/Opinion/Editorials%20and%20Op-Ed/Op-Ed/Columnists/David%20Brooks>

                                    John Hibbs
                                    <skipper@...>

                                    P.S. I am sending blind copies to Gabriel with
                                    address that I have stored...and found
                                    subsequently. If you Google "Gabriel Rshaid" you
                                    will find him on YouTube, Amazon and as a
                                    Director ASCD
                                    http://www.ascd.org/About-ASCD/Governance/Board-of-Directors-Roster/Board-of-Directors-Roster.aspx

                                    Gabriel: Scroll way down and find links what I
                                    am up to. Write us. All Webheads would like to
                                    hear from you; most especially about an Jesuit
                                    from Argentina, who just got as pretty big job in
                                    Rome.

                                    Kind regards to all -- everywhere.

                                    At 4:52 PM -0300 3/14/13, Maria Bossa wrote:
                                    >Dear you all! Thanks again for your warm
                                    >greetings for the new Argentinian Pope. This
                                    >time I want to share this interesting
                                    >information since it was mentioned in the mail
                                    >belowed.
                                    >I'm from Cordoba province, in the center of
                                    >Argentina. The Jesuits came to our city 400
                                    >years ago and founded the 1st University in
                                    >South America and the whole congregation "La
                                    >Compañía de Jesus" established here. They did a
                                    >great job and now, the church and the old
                                    >university building has been declared a
                                    >universal belonging by the UNESCO. You can come
                                    >and visit both places. And even more, you can
                                    >visit the 7 "estancias" where they lived long
                                    >time ago. Our province (Cordoba) is very pleased
                                    >with all this. I warmly invite you to visit
                                    >Cordoba and the Jesuit buildings. I do hope you
                                    >can see some of the pics I've attached into this
                                    >mail. Kind regards,Maria :)
                                    >Smiles, Maria

                                    snip snip snip
                                    --
                                    John Hibbs
                                    Director, Benjamin Franklin

                                    -----------
                                    Companion Domains
                                    http://bfranklin.edu

                                    Global Learn Day 2013
                                    http://oregonhibbs.com/global-learn-day/

                                    http://oceanrights.org
                                    "All that's at stake is the whole human race."

                                    http://benvoyage.org
                                    "Emotion Drives The Logic Train"
                                    GLD Voyages
                                    http://oregonhibbs.com/global-learn-day/a-voyage-not-a-cruise-not-a-crossing/

                                    Bucket List -- Gemstones to enlighten the conversation
                                    http://benvoyage.org/bucket-list-master-list/

                                    The Future of the Web, in 3D
                                    http://oregonhibbs.com/2013/03/06/3d-and-the-web/