a suggestion about TI

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 10, 2013
      Hi everyone!

      I like to keep mementos of things that touch me. Tapped In was one of
      those things. If it hadn't been for BJ and Sus Nyrop that first time I
      landed there in Jan. 2002, I'd have given up. And BJ gave a tour of TI
      for BaW for 9 years straight. I'll never forget that.

      This afternoon I went to Tapped In and took some screenshots of my
      office, the Webheads office and the campus. Then I remembered that there
      were a couple of news nuggets about me and other Webheads in "On the
      Tapis". This is where I want to get to. If you're interested in keeping
      something you may find there, you can use PDFMYURL.com to download the
      pages. They even have a bookmarklet now, so the pages are downloaded
      directly. You don't need to go to the pdfmyurl site each time.

      Thought of sharing this with you, since some of you may be
      sentimentalists, like me. :-)

      Have a great week!

      Hugs, Teresa

    • Rita
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 11, 2013
        Thank you, dear Teresinha!!! I also remember my first steps into TappedIn and the web held by dear BJ's hands..., and the bad news about its closure made me sad. Now there is this "rescue" of memories you have generously suggested and this what I'll do before it's late...

        Another sentimentalist within this group sends you a hug,

        Rita

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Teresa Almeida d'Eca <teresadeca@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone!
        >
        > I like to keep mementos of things that touch me. Tapped In was one of
        > those things. If it hadn't been for BJ and Sus Nyrop that first time I
        > landed there in Jan. 2002, I'd have given up. And BJ gave a tour of TI
        > for BaW for 9 years straight. I'll never forget that.
        >
        > This afternoon I went to Tapped In and took some screenshots of my
        > office, the Webheads office and the campus. Then I remembered that there
        > were a couple of news nuggets about me and other Webheads in "On the
        > Tapis". This is where I want to get to. If you're interested in keeping
        > something you may find there, you can use PDFMYURL.com to download the
        > pages. They even have a bookmarklet now, so the pages are downloaded
        > directly. You don't need to go to the pdfmyurl site each time.
        >
        > Thought of sharing this with you, since some of you may be
        > sentimentalists, like me. :-)
        >
        > Have a great week!
        >
        > Hugs, Teresa

      • Helaine Marshall
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
          Hey Teresa,
          I was just going to let it all go until I saw your suggestion. Thanks so much for the instructions. I also have some items in my office there that bring back early memories of our activities in TI.
          Laine

          Sent from my iPhone
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
            Hi Laine and Rita!

            I'm glad that my message helped you decide to keep a couple of TI
            souvenirs. That was the idea.

            Rita, the closure made me very sad, though I haven't been a regular visitor
            for a few years. But we have fabulous memories and fun/F.U.N. chatlogs. :-)

            Hugs both, Teresa

            On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Helaine Marshall <Lainemarsh@...

          • nina.lyulkun@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 14, 2013
              ear Teresa,

              I do too appreciate your instruction and idea about saving materials to let
              them be a good memory. It happens frequently recently that websites you
              used to work with and contribute to a lot, are to be closed. It's really
              frustrating for everyone. The tool you recommend seems to be fantastic!
              Thanks a lot!

              If you're interested in keeping something you may find there, you can use
              > PDFMYURL.com to download the pages. They even have a bookmarklet now, so
              > the pages are downloaded
              > directly. You don't need to go to the pdfmyurl site each time.

              Beijos,

              **

              *Nina A.Lyulkun*

              Khmelnitskiy National University <http://www.khnu.km.ua/root/default.htm>
              Mobile: (+38)067 9334574
              [image: Blogger] <http://tesol-ua.blogspot.com/> [image:
              Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=572760950> [image:
              Google Plus] <https://plus.google.com/117218005724095778971> [image:
              Twitter] <http://twitter.com/#%21/nagora> [image:
              VKontakte]<http://vkontakte.ru/id17326732>
              [image: Skype] nagora60

              > ,_._,___

            • Hala Fawzi
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 15, 2013
                Thank you, Teresinah, for the golden tip, which I've never thought about until I read your words.
                With a sad heart, I took screenshots for the dear place to my heart, where I learned how to take a screenshot with the help of Vance.
                Hala

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
                  I finally got a day of reflection in my busy schedule. I was a the TESOL
                  Arabia conference in Dubai yesterday. Morteza Barin was there from Iran
                  and he came along with me home to Abu Dhabi where he spent the night. But
                  he had to leave this morning on the bus back to Dubai because he has a
                  presentation today, the last day of the conference. I drive every day in
                  the course of my work and need one day not in a car, so I decided to miss
                  the last day of the conference.

                  That gave me a chance to visit Tapped In perhaps for the last time, though
                  I might make it a point to be there at noon GMT tomorrow. Perhaps some of
                  you would like to join us, and we can grab one last Tapped In chat log.

                  I'm thinking several of us are grabbing these artifacts and telling one
                  another that we are doing so, but we need a place to share them. A quick
                  solution is to capture them at Jing screencast.com and share their URLs. I
                  suppose we could upload to the YahooGroup as well. Maybe I'll set up a
                  space for that if there is room there.

                  Here is a Jing screencast of the Webheads in Action space set up by Sharon
                  Holdner. I made a video because it was more than a single screen:
                  http://screencast.com/t/YOeJXEANu

                  Here's my own virtual environment, where you can see that such a screen
                  shot can become a shareable URL:
                  http://screencast.com/t/7gGwUkRDw

                  I'll be writing everyone shortly about Learning2gether, but it seems we
                  could spend time in TappedIn this Sunday and organize where we are saving
                  our artifacts as we move around the space and grab what heirlooms we can.
                  Then we can mount a shared area somewhere, maybe set that up as we go.

                  Look for an announcment about L2G soon,

                  Vance

                  On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM, nina.lyulkun@... <
                  nina.lyulkun@...> wrote:

                  > ear Teresa,
                  >
                  > I do too appreciate your instruction and idea about saving materials to let
                  > them be a good memory. It happens frequently recently that websites you
                  > used to work with and contribute to a lot, are to be closed. It's really
                  > frustrating for everyone. The tool you recommend seems to be fantastic!
                  > Thanks a lot!
                  >

                  > If you're interested in keeping something you may find there, you can use
                  > > PDFMYURL.com to download the pages. They even have a bookmarklet now, so
                  > > the pages are downloaded
                  > > directly. You don't need to go to the pdfmyurl site each time.
                  >
                  > Beijos,
                  >
                  > **
                  >
                  > *Nina A.Lyulkun*
                  >
                  > Khmelnitskiy National University <http://www.khnu.km.ua/root/default.htm>