Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: electronic writing portfolios

  • Aiden
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 9, 2013
      Hi All,

      Speaking of writing portfolios using blogs, I'm using blogs in writing poetry. Students write their poems on their blogs- I check and post my suggestions/corrections in the comments area. I'm careful to check only the technical aspects of the language so as to retain students' creative voice.

      Anyone doing poetry this spring? We can do a poetry reading online or poetry exchange work. Let me know if you're interested in creating something wonderful with my class. I've got 3 students from Indonesia and the rest are Taiwanese students- 16 in all.

      Aiden
      Aiden Yeh, PhD
      Assistant Professor
      Wenzao Ursuline College of Languages
      Twitter: motherchina
      Skype: aidenyeh
      Viber, Line, Tango: +886938392852

      Sent from my iPhone

    • Nina Liakos
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 10, 2013
        Thanks Mary and Dilip for your feedback. Dilip, great use of a blog for story-telling! It's really amazing how the level of language changes.
        Nina

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Dilip Barad" <dilipbarad@...> wrote:

        > Dear Nina,

        > http://b4tl.blogspot.in/2009/08/story-writing.html - on this blog you will
        > see how story writing is used over blog to generate language and enhance
        > writing skills. Please see the comments. In first three comments, you will
        > find what students have done in group activity. And, do not miss to see the
        > levels of language in all three language. In first comment, you will see
        > simple language . . . and the level of language will go on increasing in
        > second and third. The second comment makes use of adjective which makes
        > language ornamental. The third comment is highest form of language used in
        > all three comments. In this third comment, the students were able to create
        > environment – a bit of literary use of language. Literature has the highest
        > form of language and hence either in writing or reading literature, one
        > required highest level of language competency in writing and reading skills.
        >
        > Regards,
        Dilip Barad

      • Carla arena
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 10, 2013
          Nina, have you considered wikispaces with folders for each assignment with
          different student pages for their drafts?
          I think it is an effective tool for your e-portfolio and teacher and
          students can keep track of progress through the wiki history pages.

          Carla