Reflection on CALL course and a question

  • Sedat Akayoglu
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2013
      Dear Webheads,

      I shared my reflection on my CALL course on our course blog (
      http://elt430.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/chaos-in-my-call-class-and-my-proposal-for-this).
      I had to make some changes when I saw the number of students taking this
      course. I hope it works.

      In addition to this, I asked my students to create Gmail accounts, but I
      have found that it is compulsory to give a mobile phone number for
      verification, which might be a problem for the students. Is it required in
      all countries?

      Best wishes,

      Dr. Sedat Akayoğlu
      http://akayoglu_s.web.ibu.edu.tr
      Abant İzzet Baysal University
      Faculty of Education
      Department of Foreign Language Education
      English Language Teaching Program
      Bolu

    • Barbara Dieu
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2013
        > I have found that it is compulsory to give a mobile phone number for
        verification, which might be a problem for the students. Is it required in
        all countries?

        I think you it is possible to skip the phone number (small at the bottom of
        the page) as not everyone has a mobile phone. However, I have used my own
        phone with my stds just to get the code.
        B.

        --
        Barbara Dieu
        http://barbaradieu.com