RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Migrating Posterous blogs to WordPress

  • Chris Fry
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2013
      Hi Nina,

      I'm trying to migrate my posterous site to Tumblr using Justmigrate
      http://justmigrate.com/ . I say trying as I haven't managed it yet, but my
      sites are all full of audio and that is a problem. They also have very good
      support and I have high hopes of getting the job done for $10.

      I also tried https://www.import2.com , who offered a free 10 post trial.
      They couldn't do the audio so I told them I wasn't interested, but they have
      got back to me saying they might be able to do something. They are not free.
      $12 a blog

      Right now, I'm banking on justmigrate as they will do it free for up to 100
      posts and that will suit my students.

      There is another way that I am waiting on edublogs
      http://edublogs.org/2013/02/19/migrating-your-posterous-site-to-edublogs/
      but they are still working on the audio problem.

      https://posthaven.com/ promises to be what posterous wanted to by for $5 a
      month:
      For now, you can reserve your preferred hostname for $5, and that $5 will go
      towards your first month of Posthaven service.
      "Current Status as of March 1
      The importer is in testing with the earliest preview users at the moment,
      and we're currently fixing bugs on that, scaling our backend, and working on
      blog posting and editing."

      Good luck with whatever you try.

      Chris

      _____

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2013
        Hi,

        I haven't done this yet myself (waiting for a snow day in Abu Dhabi) but
        Durff tweeted me this:
        http://pause2play.org/2013/02/18/posterous-move-to-wordpress-com/

        Good luck, and document how you fix it (and how to avoid it)

        Vance

        Vance Stevens
        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
        http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com