Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Tweeted Times [formerly Re: Writingmatrix revisited

  • Maria Rosario Di Mónaco
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 4, 2013
      Truly amazing! I've just signed up and am really impressed. I like the
      clear layout too. Scoop.it is one of my favourite tools right now and I am
      also curious to see how they work together.
      Cheers,
      Mary Di Mónaco

      On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith <
      ehansonsmi@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi all --
      > I joined up for Tweeted Times and am amazed by it. It seems to take stuff
      > I tweeted and then follow it up with a more comprehensive, newsy article,
      > which you can link to in its entirety. How is it doing this? Very cool.
      > Gave up Paper.li almost immediately. Too much work. I do use ScoopIt and
      > want to see how that works with TT.
      > I am following Rita, Vance, Nick Peachey, and a few others, so let us all
      > know if you are already on Tweeted Times.
      > --Elizabeth H-S

    • Flávia Uhlmann
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 5, 2013
        Hello, everyone.

        Tks, Elizabeth for the clue on TT. I've already created mine: http://tweetedtimes.com/#!/FlaviaUhlmann and added Vance's and Nick's.

        I'm new here since I've attended my first EVO BAW this year. So, I'm getting to know all the nice resources you experts can recommend.

        Also hope to attend one of the Sunday sessions Vance mentioned in one of his messages. Pls. tell me what the usual GMT time of the sessions. Does the session info come thru tevonline group email or any other way?

        Tks for the clarification.

        All the best,

        Flávia Uhlmann
        SP, Brazil
        www.thecreativeenglishlearning.blogspot.com.br

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6, 2013
          Thanks for sharing this. Did someone provide some tips on narrowing the choices of what appears on your Tweeted Times news? On my first try I entered my Twitter name and this newsletter was created. http://tweetedtimes.com/#!/tutormentorteam

          Since I follow a broad range of topics related to learning, innovation, philanthropy, visualization and mapping, etc. I'd like to narrow the choices of what shows up in my Tweeted times.

          Has someone provided step-by-step guidance (or a slide share) to show to do this?

          Dan Bassill
          Tutor/Mentor Connection
          Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC

          >Hi Rita, and all Webheads, whom I decided to include at this stage,
          >
          >Tweeted Times does indeed seem to be doing a better job than paper.li. It
          >not only gets the Scoop.its that were missing from Paper.li but it also
          >picks up the paper.li itself.
          >
          >I think you're on to something here, Rita
          >
          >Not only that, this is a great illustration of true MOOC like behaviour,
          >where the idea is to assemble 1000 participants (webheads) on the upshot
          >that one of them might be able to stimulate one or more of the others
          >(Rita) to come up with a breakthrough as a result of a collaboration that
          >couldn't have happened with such a result in a much smaller grouping, which
          >would lack critical mass for significant probability of achieving such a
          >breakthrough.
          >
          >still pondering that one ...
          >
          >Vance
          >

          >On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Rita Zeinstejer <
          >ritazeinstejer@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Hi, Vance and all,
          >>
          >> Quite enthusiastic at “revisiting” our project, I’m now exploring a
          >> different tool –*Tweeted Times* (formerly known as *The Twitter Times*),
          >> a real-time personalized newspaper generated from your Twitter account,
          >> which I find more reliable than *Paper.li*.
          >> If you compare today’s edition in both, you’ll see many more entries in
          >> TT, which are postings I made yesterday in Twitter –some of them via
          >> Scoop.It –in fact, Paper.li does not show any!!! Which means that, for some
          >> reason, Paper.li ignores some postings, even when they come via Twitter.
          >>
          >> Take a look at the page I opened at TT
          >> http://tweetedtimes.com/#!/search/writingmatrix/en and let me know what
          >> you think.
          >>
          >> Warm hugs to all,
          >>
          >> Rita
          >>

          >> **
          >> Hi all,
          >>
          >> Hope you enjoyed the skiing Sasa, much more fun than writingmatrix :-)
          >>

          >> *Recording*
          >>
          >> -
          >> https://sas.elluminate.com/p.jnlp?psid=2013-03-03.0452.M.7AE801FFB697DA460D4BF25AA8C21B.vcr&sid=75
          >> -
          >> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40757132/bootlegMP3/writingmatrix03mar2013.10-001.64K.mp3
          >>

          >> Tweeting these now on our hashtag,
          >>
          >> Vance
          >>

          >--
          >Vance Stevens
          >http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
          >http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

        • Holly Dilatush
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6, 2013
            http://tweetedtimes.com/#!/hollydilatush

            I just tried it...

            no time just now to understand the 'scoring' bit... but am guessing that
            there will be useful tutorials posted by someone soon,

            Holly (from snowy Charlottesville, Virginia, working from a
            generator-powered computer, since most of the area's electricity is out
            from downed trees and power lines -- heavy wet snow -- over 11 inches here
            so far the past several hours... and still coming!)