Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Ana Falcon

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2013
      Hi all,

      I hope we know not to click on any suspicious links in emails emanating
      from listservs

      We've had a few people join from BaW so let me ask first, does anyone here
      know Ana?

      If so we can give her a chance to clean up her computer. If not, I'll
      remove her when the next malware msg appears.

      Have a great day,

      Vance

      2013/3/2 Ana Falcon <inhappystillness@...>

      > **
      >

      > enywais dpmgmznhlv.vsd/
      > http://www.lexomnia.com/xcu/ogekb24n1aid89140qj.m?gbqoyexe2ugvmqarg.vsd/wmrfpnt kpnrbpna.vsd/

      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
      http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

    • Ana Falcon
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2013
        Hi Vance (Everyone),

        Thank you for this and apologies for the inconvenience. I think my yahoo ID has been hacked. I've changed my password and I hope it will be enough to stop the malware messages.

        Sunny wishes from Recife,
        ana

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2013
          Ok Ana,

          I'm glad we held off then. Don't worry about this, it's never your fault
          and the important thing is that once you've found out about it, you manage
          to stop it.

          It happens to the best of us some times. Thanks for staying on top of the
          situation,

          Vance

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2013
            Thanks Vance,

            This is very kind. My first time ever by the way.

            Have a nice day,
            ana

          • Mike
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 2, 2013

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 2, 2013
                Hello All,
                First of all, excuse me. I just sent an empty message to the group.

                Hello Ana,
                If your up-to-date anti-virus program can not find any suspiscious files on your computer, I suggest that you download the free version of
                Malwarebytes Anti-Malware at
                http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4716-malwarebytes-anti-malware.html
                and do a thorough scan. It has helped me find dangerous culprits on 3 separate occasions.

                The free version works just as well as the "professional" version.

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 3, 2013
                  I might try this on Mike's advice. Many many years ago he advised us to
                  try Avast! free anti-virus software, I've been using it ever since, and I'm
                  a very happy camper,

                  Vance

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 3, 2013
                    Hello Mike (Vance),

                    Thank you for this. I'll definitely have a look and try it out!

                    I'm also a happy Avast! user.

                    Cheers
                    ana