Re: Web casts from the Electronic Village at the 2013 TESOL Convention in Dallas

  • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
      Heike--
      Sorry if you missed the call. It went out through the EVO Moderators YG, and I think the program is now printed.

      However, we'd love to have you join in. So far the scheduled Webcasts for EVO in the Classics Fairs are

      Friday, March 22, 2-2:50:
      Mac 9, 10: Nellie Deutsch, Moodle for Teachers, Webcast on WizIQ
      PC 9: Daniela C. Wagner-Loera, EVO Mentoring, Webcast on Elluminate
      PC 10: Evelyn Izquierdo and Miguel Mendoza, EVO Podcasts, Webcast on Elluminate

      Saturday, March 23, 11-11:50:
      Mac 9, 10: Vance Stevens, Claire Bradin Siskin, Multiliteracies MOOC, Webcast on Elluminate
      PC 9, 10: Gary Carkin, Fernanda Molla, and Leslie Sapp, EVO Drama, no webcast

      So it looks like Sat. 11-11:50 would be a good time for you do to a Webcast. We have two PCs or Macs for each time slot, so I think that would work out OK.

      If you let me know right away if Sat is OK, I will ask the coordinator of the EV Fairs if we can do it.

      Cheers --
      --Elizabeth H-S

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "letstalkonline2003" <heike.philp@...> wrote:

      > Dear all,
      > I seem to have missed to apply for a webcast to present MachinEVO. When is the deadline for this? Is there still time to hand-in?
      > Rgds Heike

    • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
        Sorry, group! --
        I meant also to invite everyone who will be at TESOL in Dallas to come to our presentations!
        --Elizabeth H-S

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
          Hi Elizabeth, Heike and everyone,

          I noticed that there was variance in the various places where the GMT times
          were listed on CALL-IS sites so I offered to help. This help was
          gratefully accepted and I have just put all the times into GMT on all the
          associated websites, including a chronological listing of events on the
          Learning2gether pbworks site. From that site Heike can stop scratching her
          head and find the global times for the 11:00 a.m. event in Dallas:

          http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#SatMarch23nbsp1600to1650GMTnbspWebcastsfromtheEVFairClassics

          Also you might notice that the times on the other websites are now correct
          and consistent. At the former site below there is a link to
          timeanddate.comfor each of the events listed, and at the latter, there
          is a popout link to
          the Webheads "elluminate" room where the event will take place.

          - At the CALL-IS TESOL Webinar wiki site: http://callis2013.pbworks.com/

          - In the LearningTimes/Webheads event calendar here:
          http://my.calendars.net/eslhome_conferen

          I SAY they are correct, but we would all benefit if recipients of this mail
          would click around in those sites and help us troubleshoot for errors.

          If you notice any, let us know,

          Best,
          Vance

          --