Re: Web casts from the Electronic Village at the 2013 TESOL Convention in Dallas

  • letstalkonline2003
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2013
      Dear all,
      I seem to have missed to apply for a webcast to present MachinEVO. When is the deadline for this? Is there still time to hand-in?
      Rgds Heike
    • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
        Heike--
        Sorry if you missed the call. It went out through the EVO Moderators YG, and I think the program is now printed.

        However, we'd love to have you join in. So far the scheduled Webcasts for EVO in the Classics Fairs are

        Friday, March 22, 2-2:50:
        Mac 9, 10: Nellie Deutsch, Moodle for Teachers, Webcast on WizIQ
        PC 9: Daniela C. Wagner-Loera, EVO Mentoring, Webcast on Elluminate
        PC 10: Evelyn Izquierdo and Miguel Mendoza, EVO Podcasts, Webcast on Elluminate

        Saturday, March 23, 11-11:50:
        Mac 9, 10: Vance Stevens, Claire Bradin Siskin, Multiliteracies MOOC, Webcast on Elluminate
        PC 9, 10: Gary Carkin, Fernanda Molla, and Leslie Sapp, EVO Drama, no webcast

        So it looks like Sat. 11-11:50 would be a good time for you do to a Webcast. We have two PCs or Macs for each time slot, so I think that would work out OK.

        If you let me know right away if Sat is OK, I will ask the coordinator of the EV Fairs if we can do it.

        Cheers --
        --Elizabeth H-S

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "letstalkonline2003" <heike.philp@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        > I seem to have missed to apply for a webcast to present MachinEVO. When is the deadline for this? Is there still time to hand-in?
        > Rgds Heike

      • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
          Sorry, group! --
          I meant also to invite everyone who will be at TESOL in Dallas to come to our presentations!
          --Elizabeth H-S

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
            Hi Elizabeth, Heike and everyone,

            I noticed that there was variance in the various places where the GMT times
            were listed on CALL-IS sites so I offered to help. This help was
            gratefully accepted and I have just put all the times into GMT on all the
            associated websites, including a chronological listing of events on the
            Learning2gether pbworks site. From that site Heike can stop scratching her
            head and find the global times for the 11:00 a.m. event in Dallas:

            http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#SatMarch23nbsp1600to1650GMTnbspWebcastsfromtheEVFairClassics

            Also you might notice that the times on the other websites are now correct
            and consistent. At the former site below there is a link to
            timeanddate.comfor each of the events listed, and at the latter, there
            is a popout link to
            the Webheads "elluminate" room where the event will take place.

            - At the CALL-IS TESOL Webinar wiki site: http://callis2013.pbworks.com/

            - In the LearningTimes/Webheads event calendar here:
            http://my.calendars.net/eslhome_conferen

            I SAY they are correct, but we would all benefit if recipients of this mail
            would click around in those sites and help us troubleshoot for errors.

            If you notice any, let us know,

            Best,
            Vance

            --