Web casts from the Electronic Village at the 2013 TESOL Convention in Dallas

  • Bauer-Ramazani, Christine
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013
      Please excuse any duplicates of this email.

      The TESOL CALL-IS is pleased to provide webcast coverage of the following sessions from the Technology Showcase at this year's TESOL 47th Annual Convention in Dallas:

      * CALL-IS Academic Session
      * CALL-IS and Elementary Education InterSection: New Tools/Techniques in CALL
      * ITA, CALL, & VDM IS InterSection: New Technology Horizons for International Teaching Assistants
      * ESP, CALL, & VDM-IS InterSection: Harmony in ESP Practice with Computers, Video & Digital Media
      * Mobile Apps for Education Showcase
      * TESOL CALL-IS Open Meeting
      The CALL-IS is also webcasting several selected EV Fair Classics sessions from the Electronic Village.
      For more information, or to access the webcasts, visit http://callis2013.pbworks.com You're invited to join us!

      Jack Watson
      2013 TESOL CALL-IS EV Fair Classics Co-Coordinator, Web Cast Development Co-Coordinator
      Senior Administrator/Facilitator
      University of New Brunswick English Language Programme<http://www.unb.ca/cel/english/index.html>
      Fredericton NB Canada
      Tel.: 506-453-3564<tel:506-453-3564>

      Christine Bauer-Ramazani
      2009-10 Chair, CALL-IS of TESOL
      Instructor, Applied Linguistics Department
      Saint Michael's College phone: 802-654-2642
      One Winooski Park fax: 802-654-2595
      Colchester, VT 05439-0253
      web site: academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/<http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/>
      online CALL course: academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/gsl520_online/demo/CALL_Online_demo.htm<http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/gsl520_online/demo/CALL_Online_demo.htm>

    • letstalkonline2003
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 27, 2013
        Dear all,
        I seem to have missed to apply for a webcast to present MachinEVO. When is the deadline for this? Is there still time to hand-in?
        Rgds Heike
      • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
          Heike--
          Sorry if you missed the call. It went out through the EVO Moderators YG, and I think the program is now printed.

          However, we'd love to have you join in. So far the scheduled Webcasts for EVO in the Classics Fairs are

          Friday, March 22, 2-2:50:
          Mac 9, 10: Nellie Deutsch, Moodle for Teachers, Webcast on WizIQ
          PC 9: Daniela C. Wagner-Loera, EVO Mentoring, Webcast on Elluminate
          PC 10: Evelyn Izquierdo and Miguel Mendoza, EVO Podcasts, Webcast on Elluminate

          Saturday, March 23, 11-11:50:
          Mac 9, 10: Vance Stevens, Claire Bradin Siskin, Multiliteracies MOOC, Webcast on Elluminate
          PC 9, 10: Gary Carkin, Fernanda Molla, and Leslie Sapp, EVO Drama, no webcast

          So it looks like Sat. 11-11:50 would be a good time for you do to a Webcast. We have two PCs or Macs for each time slot, so I think that would work out OK.

          If you let me know right away if Sat is OK, I will ask the coordinator of the EV Fairs if we can do it.

          Cheers --
          --Elizabeth H-S

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "letstalkonline2003" <heike.philp@...> wrote:

          > Dear all,
          > I seem to have missed to apply for a webcast to present MachinEVO. When is the deadline for this? Is there still time to hand-in?
          > Rgds Heike

        • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
            Sorry, group! --
            I meant also to invite everyone who will be at TESOL in Dallas to come to our presentations!
            --Elizabeth H-S

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
              Hi Elizabeth, Heike and everyone,

              I noticed that there was variance in the various places where the GMT times
              were listed on CALL-IS sites so I offered to help. This help was
              gratefully accepted and I have just put all the times into GMT on all the
              associated websites, including a chronological listing of events on the
              Learning2gether pbworks site. From that site Heike can stop scratching her
              head and find the global times for the 11:00 a.m. event in Dallas:

              http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#SatMarch23nbsp1600to1650GMTnbspWebcastsfromtheEVFairClassics

              Also you might notice that the times on the other websites are now correct
              and consistent. At the former site below there is a link to
              timeanddate.comfor each of the events listed, and at the latter, there
              is a popout link to
              the Webheads "elluminate" room where the event will take place.

              - At the CALL-IS TESOL Webinar wiki site: http://callis2013.pbworks.com/

              - In the LearningTimes/Webheads event calendar here:
              http://my.calendars.net/eslhome_conferen

              I SAY they are correct, but we would all benefit if recipients of this mail
              would click around in those sites and help us troubleshoot for errors.

              If you notice any, let us know,

              Best,
              Vance

              --