Spanish-speaking university Vice-President for distance education sought
- A Washington, D.C.-based agency telephoned me about this executive job search.
Webheads in Spain or the Americas might be potential candidates for this - Steve
SEARCH FOR A UNIVERSITY IN LATIN AMERICA
VICE PRESIDENT (VICE RECTOR) FOR EDUCATIONAL INNOVATION
We are conducting a search for a Vice President (Vice Rector) for Educational Innovation
for a large, prestigious university in Latin America. We invite nominations and inquiries for this position.
The Vice President will report to the President of the institution. It is anticipated that the Vice President
will assume duties by July 2013, or soon thereafter.
The Vice President will lead and coordinate the University’s efforts in the innovative use of technology
in education, developing entrepreneurial innovations in educational practice and policy, will support the
various divisions within the University with their on-line educational needs, and direct the market strategy
for on-line education services.
The Review Committee seeks an outstanding Vice President who has the following qualifications
and attributes (what follows is not a comprehensive list):
- demonstrated and proven experiences in innovative and entrepreneurial practices
- Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline
- fluency in Spanish and English
- a broad understanding and appreciation of academic life
- financial acumen to aid the University in matching technological aspirations with finite resources
- demonstrated record of innovative leadership in the management of a complex organization
- build, direct, lead a team of talented people
- receptive to ideas, diplomatic (yet forthright), and an effective and credible negotiator
- superb communicator, at ease in a multitude of setting with multiple constituencies
- international experience, global outlook
The compensation package is highly competitive and very generous and includes full benefits and
a relocation package. Maya Kirkhope of Academic Search, Inc. is assisting with this search.
Please contact her for a more complete job description.
Confidential inquiries may be directed to:
Maya Kirkhope, Senior Consultant
Academic Search, Inc
Collegially, Steve McCarty
Professor, Osaka Jogakuin College and Osaka Jogakuin University
President, World Association for Online Education: http://waoe.org
Online library of publications: http://waoe.org/steve/epublist.html