Spanish-speaking university Vice-President for distance education sought

  • Steve McCarty
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2013
      A Washington, D.C.-based agency telephoned me about this executive job search.
      Webheads in Spain or the Americas might be potential candidates for this - Steve

      SEARCH FOR A UNIVERSITY IN LATIN AMERICA
      VICE PRESIDENT (VICE RECTOR) FOR EDUCATIONAL INNOVATION

      We are conducting a search for a Vice President (Vice Rector) for Educational Innovation
      for a large, prestigious university in Latin America. We invite nominations and inquiries for this position.
      The Vice President will report to the President of the institution. It is anticipated that the Vice President
      will assume duties by July 2013, or soon thereafter.

      The Vice President will lead and coordinate the University’s efforts in the innovative use of technology
      in education, developing entrepreneurial innovations in educational practice and policy, will support the
      various divisions within the University with their on-line educational needs, and direct the market strategy
      for on-line education services.

      The Review Committee seeks an outstanding Vice President who has the following qualifications
      and attributes (what follows is not a comprehensive list):

      - demonstrated and proven experiences in innovative and entrepreneurial practices
      - Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline
      - fluency in Spanish and English
      - a broad understanding and appreciation of academic life
      - financial acumen to aid the University in matching technological aspirations with finite resources
      - demonstrated record of innovative leadership in the management of a complex organization
      - build, direct, lead a team of talented people
      - receptive to ideas, diplomatic (yet forthright), and an effective and credible negotiator
      - superb communicator, at ease in a multitude of setting with multiple constituencies
      - international experience, global outlook

      The compensation package is highly competitive and very generous and includes full benefits and
      a relocation package. Maya Kirkhope of Academic Search, Inc. is assisting with this search.
      Please contact her for a more complete job description.

      Confidential inquiries may be directed to:

      Maya Kirkhope, Senior Consultant
      Academic Search, Inc
      Washington, D.C.
      mrk@...
      (001) 703-380-9195

      +++++++
      Collegially, Steve McCarty
      Professor, Osaka Jogakuin College and Osaka Jogakuin University
      President, World Association for Online Education: http://waoe.org
      Online library of publications: http://waoe.org/steve/epublist.html