Re: [evonline2002_webheads] In defense of email

  • Carla arena
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
      Loved it, Bee!

      On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 5:11 AM, Barbara Dieu <beeonline@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > This morning I chanced upon this article and nodded to most sentences
      > I was reading. What about you? Do you share the same impression?
      > http://techcrunch.com/2013/02/16/in-defense-of-email/
      > B.
      >
      > --
      > Barbara Dieu
      > http://barbaradieu.com
      > http://beespace.net

    • Squires, Robert
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
        The problem with e-mail if your considering developing an anytime,
        anyplace learning ecosystem is that many of today's students see it as a
        backwater. The question is how we can leverage their commonly used
        communication channels to allow them to share their learning as best they
        choose and when it works for them. It's not the LMS, it's not e-mail,
        PLE's are too organic to graft various 'classes' onto. I'd be interested
        in hearing how you are tackling this challenge.

        It seems that it's not really about the technology.

        Robert