Re: In defense of email

  • Rita
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
      I DO, Bee, absolutely!

      And I love this quote: "Using a social stream to contact somebody is akin to driving past your friend's house in order to visit them. Yes that's right – just smile, wave out the window, and keep on going, rather than pulling into their driveway. That's the newsfeed."
      Indeed, as much as I love Twitter (NOT FB!), email writing is still what keeps me busy many hours a day, expanding my ideas and comments and news..., and enjoying reading detailed messages from those I care...
      Thank you for sharing, Bee and for making me feel I'm not alone! ;-)

      A hug from Rosario,

      Rita

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Dieu <beeonline@...> wrote:

      > This morning I chanced upon this article and nodded to most sentences
      > I was reading. What about you? Do you share the same impression?
      > http://techcrunch.com/2013/02/16/in-defense-of-email/
      > B.
      >
      > --
      > Barbara Dieu
      > http://barbaradieu.com
      > http://beespace.net

    • Carla arena
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
        Loved it, Bee!

        On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 5:11 AM, Barbara Dieu <beeonline@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > This morning I chanced upon this article and nodded to most sentences
        > I was reading. What about you? Do you share the same impression?
        > http://techcrunch.com/2013/02/16/in-defense-of-email/
        > B.
        >
        > --
        > Barbara Dieu
        > http://barbaradieu.com
        > http://beespace.net

      • Squires, Robert
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
          The problem with e-mail if your considering developing an anytime,
          anyplace learning ecosystem is that many of today's students see it as a
          backwater. The question is how we can leverage their commonly used
          communication channels to allow them to share their learning as best they
          choose and when it works for them. It's not the LMS, it's not e-mail,
          PLE's are too organic to graft various 'classes' onto. I'd be interested
          in hearing how you are tackling this challenge.

          It seems that it's not really about the technology.

          Robert