Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Posterous

    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 18, 2013
      I'm following with interest this discussion as I need to port over the
      entire archive of Learning2gether recordings or lose them.

      Pbworks will accept media on its site. I've stored it there on occasion
      and am not aware of a limit. I have sometimes used media stored there in
      the same way as you would in a public folder on dropbox. Its storage
      online gives it a URL, which can be used to embed it elsewhere, or in the
      wiki itself.

      Someone suggested Podomatic which would be a great option and might even
      meet Chris's needs for students, because it is free up to a point. If you
      intend to store a lot of audio or video content there, it will cost you
      something. I have a podcast site there and long ago ran out of free space,
      but I like their service so much that I went over the pay wall. I think
      this model -- provide a great service for free, establish a record for
      reliability and service, then attract customers to willingly upgrade to
      continue using more and more server space without having to start entirely
      new podcast sites (which would be free) -- is a model that might keep them
      in business.

      At the moment I am pretty busy, so I'll monitor this space for tips for a
      while before plunging in on my own.

      Vance

      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
      http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

    • Mike
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 18, 2013
        This might be useful. I noticed that Larry Ferlazzo posted this morning about how to migrate from Posterous to Edublogs:

        http://edublogs.org/2013/02/19/migrating-your-posterous-site-to-edublogs/

        I hope I am not repeating something already obvious to those of you who have already written in this thread.

        Mike M.