Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Posterous

  • Barbara Dieu
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 18, 2013
      >Chris, are you talking about Wordpress.com when you say that they can't
      host audio files? If you have your own Wordpress installation you can host
      all kinds of media including audio files. Alternatively, in one case, I
      hosted my media files in the public folder of Dropbox and linked to them in
      Wordpress.

      I think Chris was referring to Wordpress.com, which is a free platform. You
      have a limit for uploads, whereas when you install Wordpress.org in your
      own domain and host your own material well , the sky is the limit (well,
      not exactly because you have storage space + bandwidth restrictions
      depending on the plan you have chosen). Audio files are heavy so Nergiz is
      wise to store them elsewhere, like in Dropbox and link to them. I also do
      this with films (put them on YouTube) and presentations (Slideshare) but
      keep a backup copy on an external hard disk.
      B.

      --
      Barbara Dieu
      http://barbaradieu.com

    • Mike
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 18, 2013
        This might be useful. I noticed that Larry Ferlazzo posted this morning about how to migrate from Posterous to Edublogs:

        http://edublogs.org/2013/02/19/migrating-your-posterous-site-to-edublogs/

        I hope I am not repeating something already obvious to those of you who have already written in this thread.

        Mike M.