Beta testers needed

  • mackichan2006
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2013
      Hi,

      I have finally finished tidying up my first attempt at creating an authoring programme, the jsParagrapher, and it is now in Beta. I hope to iron out any remaining bugs and release a stable version by the end of the month.

      The jsParagrapher is a simple authoring tool for making exercises to practice organizing a text into paragraphs. Rather than trying to explain what it does, the easiest thing to do is visit http://whitetower.e-lang.co.uk/jsparagrapher/ to see it in action. Yes, it produces exercises and might be considered a bit web 1.0, but it does something I need :-)

      The authoring tool is written in Java and requires Java 7 to be installed. Because of the recent (somewhat overblown) security issues with Java, it's important to ensure that your version is up to date (Java 7 Update 13) and that you disable Java in the web browser. I have written more about this in the post on the site.

      I am looking for Beta testers to help me find any remaining bugs or issues - I have tested it extensively on Windows and Linux, and hopefully there wont be too many problems. The software can be downloaded from the site - I am using a simple form that asks for a name an e-mail so that I can keep track of things and let people know when I have a final release.

      Many thanks for your help.

      Cheers,

      Pete