RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Posterous

  • Chris Fry
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 17, 2013
      I have been a great fan of posterous over the last two years and have come
      to reply on it for my work with students' recordings.

      I'm left wondering what to do from now on.

      As this news hit us right at the end of the mMOOC, I have been posting about
      my search for something to use instead of posterous in that group on Edmodo.
      I have made my posts public so that they can be read by people not using
      Edmodo. This is the link to the public page:

      http://britishcouncilamigo.edmodo.com/public/multimooc/group_id/2168865

      I have posted about Tumblr, Chirbit and briefly about Spreaker and plan to
      do the same with audioboo, Soundcloud and iPadio.

      When I decide where to go next, I will still be left with the problem of
      what to do with the backups I have ordered from posterous.
      The two solutions posterous suggest won't work for me. Squarespace is not
      free and I wouldn't want to pay or ask my students to pay and Wordpress
      won't be able to host the audio files.
      I can foresee any solution being very time consuming as I link posts to
      wherever I can find to house the audio files.

      I'm am keen to examine all possibilities for a replacement to posterous for
      audio files, so if you've got any suggestions, please let me know. I fear we
      will be mostly commiserating with each other more than finding solutions to
      the back up problem, but, hey, that's something!

      Chris

      _____

      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 18, 2013
        This might be useful. I noticed that Larry Ferlazzo posted this morning about how to migrate from Posterous to Edublogs:

        http://edublogs.org/2013/02/19/migrating-your-posterous-site-to-edublogs/

        I hope I am not repeating something already obvious to those of you who have already written in this thread.

        Mike M.