Re: [evonline2002_webheads] CALL Course Syllabus

  • Hala Fawzi
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 17, 2013
      Dearest Barbra,

      I cannot agree more!

      After the students take the CALLI course with me, I meet them again in the second term senior. I teach TEFL course, research methodology and educational psychology. The students find themselves using Google docs to share with me their research, sending me voice messages using vicaroo, using wordle  in their practicum when  teaching vocabulary, or creating an interactive PPT when adapting a student-centered approach in their classes.

      I keep reminding my students that we are only learning the usage of  tools which will help them, as teachers, to achieve the syllabus goals or a lesson's objectives. One of the best readings we use is Stephan Bax 'normalisation'. As part of an assignment, I ask them to reflect, using blogs, on the reading and point out whether ' Bax normailsiation can  be achieved in the Saudi context, what are challenges, possibilities, etc.

      Best regards from the Saudi Kingdom!:-))