Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Posterous

  • Michael Coghlan
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 16, 2013
      Hi everyone.

      It does seem the nature of the free software beast that eventually, in
      most cases,

      1) it will no longer be free.
      2) it will close down.

      Backupify (backupify.com) provides back up service (at a small cost) for
      all Google apps (Gmail, Blogger, etc), Flickr, Facebook and Twitter, but
      not for Posterous :(

      It's a real shame that Tapped In and Posterous are closing. TI is part
      of webheads history! It's been one of our default home bases for a long
      time. And I thought Posterous was the simplest tool out there for
      getting content on the web quickly. It seemed to accept just about
      anything you threw at it via email, upload, or phone.

      It seems that as Facebook goes on expanding and convincing people that
      it is THE internet, other niche products fall by the wayside because
      they can't compete. Just like small businesses close as supermarket
      chains monopolise the market.

      And yes, as Nina said, back up and keep a local copy of anything you
      value and want to keep

      - Michael

      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 18, 2013
        This might be useful. I noticed that Larry Ferlazzo posted this morning about how to migrate from Posterous to Edublogs:

        http://edublogs.org/2013/02/19/migrating-your-posterous-site-to-edublogs/

        I hope I am not repeating something already obvious to those of you who have already written in this thread.

        Mike M.