Re: Posterous

  • Nina Liakos
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 16, 2013
      I am seriously bummed out about Posterous! Thanks for alerting us, Vance. I've already requested backup for about 6 Posterous sites. The one I've been building most recently is my ePortfolio for the EVO session "Neuroscience in Education." I'm not finished with that one, so will wait until I'm done to request a backup.

      These free tools have been so great, but when they shut down, it's sad and inconvenient and generally upsetting. What's a webhead to do? Keep looking for new sites, I suppose. And back everything up.

      Nina

      > Personally, I'm even more shocked to learn of the end of Posterous from its
      > blog post yesterday
      > http://blog.posterous.com/thanks-from-posterous
      >
      > That's going to be a hard act to follow, not to mention the hassle of
      > porting over existing sites such as http://learning2gether.posterous.com
    • Mike
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 18, 2013
        This might be useful. I noticed that Larry Ferlazzo posted this morning about how to migrate from Posterous to Edublogs:

        http://edublogs.org/2013/02/19/migrating-your-posterous-site-to-edublogs/

        I hope I am not repeating something already obvious to those of you who have already written in this thread.

        Mike M.