Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Text Chat Rooms

    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 16, 2013
      Personally, I'm even more shocked to learn of the end of Posterous from its
      blog post yesterday
      http://blog.posterous.com/thanks-from-posterous

      That's going to be a hard act to follow, not to mention the hassle of
      porting over existing sites such as http://learning2gether.posterous.com

      Meanwhile to answer John's question, these days we are using etherpad
      clones for standalone chat.

      The clone can be embedded in a website using code like this:

      <iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="450" width="950" src="
      http://etherpad.mit.edu/bvoGrVE7J9"></iframe>

      Here's a list of several from Jan 2011
      http://www.quora.com/What-are-the-currently-available-free-EtherPad-clones

      Running Etherpad v1.1
      publishwith.me
      piratepad.net
      doc.etherpad.org
      edupad.ch
      shamblespad.com
      vmeoddcollab-dev.mpl.ird.fr:9000

      Running old version of Etherpad (mostly v0.9)
      ietherpad.com
      etherpad.mozilla.org:9000 (etherpad.mozilla.com:9000)
      etherpad.mit.edu
      typewith.me
      openetherpad.org
      pad.telecomix.org
      piratenpad.de
      titanpad.com
      meetingwords.com
      sync.in
      kompisen.se
      etherpad.netluchs.de
      netpad.com.br
      ethercodes.com
      epad.recit.org
      piratepad.nl
      pad.planka.nu

      --
      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

    • Mike
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 18, 2013
        This might be useful. I noticed that Larry Ferlazzo posted this morning about how to migrate from Posterous to Edublogs:

        http://edublogs.org/2013/02/19/migrating-your-posterous-site-to-edublogs/

        I hope I am not repeating something already obvious to those of you who have already written in this thread.

        Mike M.