Text Chat Rooms

  • John Hibbs
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 15, 2013
      Like all Webheads, I was truly sorry to see the end of Tapped In. It
      was a terrific communication tool, run by very, very nice people.
      What I find saddest of all is that the funding for Tapped In
      continuance couldn't be found.

      Old fashioned guy that I am, I still believe the text chat room is a
      GREAT way to communicate. I like the ones that offer multi language
      capability -- type in English and others can read in Spanish or
      French or whatever. I also liked the addition of url's inside the
      text chat space -- very nearly as good as pushing we pages during the
      audio conference.

      And what may be best of all the ability to copy and paste all the
      remarks in the text chat room and email copies to the participants.

      (I never liked the text chat that Blackboard offers...but, oh well.)

      Because you guys have such a wide, wide landscape, I would be
      especially interested in learning about "stand alone" text chat
      rooms that you can recommend.

      Thanks!!!
    • Mike
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 18, 2013
        This might be useful. I noticed that Larry Ferlazzo posted this morning about how to migrate from Posterous to Edublogs:

        http://edublogs.org/2013/02/19/migrating-your-posterous-site-to-edublogs/

        I hope I am not repeating something already obvious to those of you who have already written in this thread.

        Mike M.