Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Team Based Learning resources or stories

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2013
      Hey Scott,

      I'll bet TBL is something you've been doing all along, and a quick Google
      reveals a trove of information, including
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team-based_learning

      Seems a little something like communities of practice perhaps? (Wenger was
      seeded by Xerox to figure out what was successful in Japanese factories).

      On another note, I used to live at KFUPM and did most of my shopping in Al
      Khobar. I'll bet that place has changed :-)

      Nice to hear from Luis too (speaking of KSA, Luis knows a thing or two
      about CAMELs) ...
      http://learning2gether.posterous.com/luis-arnoldo-ordonez-hangout-with-jeff-lebow

      Vance

      On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Luis Arnoldo Ordoñez Vela <
      lordonezv@...> wrote:

      > Sacato, geetings. TBL perhas is related to network learning of the kind
      > suggested by the MOOC's
      > Why don´t you check on Stephen Downes bibliography
      > regards
      > LO
      >
      > 2013/2/13 sacato <sacato@...>
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Dear Webheads,
      > >
      > > Greetings from Saudi Arabia. As one or two you might be aware, I
      > relocated
      > > here from Japan last September. My online activities have been curtailed
      > as
      > > I've tried to make sense of my new teaching situation.
      > >
      > > Six months in, I feel I'm finally beginning to know which way is up.
      > > Hopefully, I'll be able to resume some of online activities in due
      > course.
      > >
      > > My purpose in consulting your combined wisdom is because I'm trying to
      > > learn more about Team Based Learning. The term was recently introduced to
      > > me by my former MA advisor on a recent trip back to Tokyo.
      > >
      > > As I've searched the google I've not been able to find any reference to
      > > TBL in ESL or ESP contexts. I wonder if any of you might have spent time
      > > venturing down this course and would be willing to share a few links or
      > > ideas.
      > >
      > > Thank you in advance.
      > >
      > > See you online,
      > > Scott Lockman
      > > Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
      > > (scottlo)
      > >

      > --
      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
      http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

    • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2013
        Hi Scott --
        I agree with Vance, that this sounds like a version of communities of practice.

        For more on this, see the CALL IS Virtual Software List for a list of
        websites tagged "CoP":
        http://www.diigo.com/user/call_is_vsl/CoP

        --Elizabeth H-S