Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Team Based Learning resources or stories

  • Luis Arnoldo Ordoñez Vela
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2013
      Sacato, geetings. TBL perhas is related to network learning of the kind
      suggested by the MOOC's
      Why don�t you check on Stephen Downes bibliography
      regards
      LO

      --
      Luis Ord��ez

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2013
        Hey Scott,

        I'll bet TBL is something you've been doing all along, and a quick Google
        reveals a trove of information, including
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team-based_learning

        Seems a little something like communities of practice perhaps? (Wenger was
        seeded by Xerox to figure out what was successful in Japanese factories).

        On another note, I used to live at KFUPM and did most of my shopping in Al
        Khobar. I'll bet that place has changed :-)

        Nice to hear from Luis too (speaking of KSA, Luis knows a thing or two
        about CAMELs) ...
        http://learning2gether.posterous.com/luis-arnoldo-ordonez-hangout-with-jeff-lebow

        Vance

        On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Luis Arnoldo Ordoñez Vela <
        lordonezv@...> wrote:

        > Sacato, geetings. TBL perhas is related to network learning of the kind
        > suggested by the MOOC's
        > Why don´t you check on Stephen Downes bibliography
        > regards
        > LO
        >
        > 2013/2/13 sacato <sacato@...>
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Dear Webheads,
        > >
        > > Greetings from Saudi Arabia. As one or two you might be aware, I
        > relocated
        > > here from Japan last September. My online activities have been curtailed
        > as
        > > I've tried to make sense of my new teaching situation.
        > >
        > > Six months in, I feel I'm finally beginning to know which way is up.
        > > Hopefully, I'll be able to resume some of online activities in due
        > course.
        > >
        > > My purpose in consulting your combined wisdom is because I'm trying to
        > > learn more about Team Based Learning. The term was recently introduced to
        > > me by my former MA advisor on a recent trip back to Tokyo.
        > >
        > > As I've searched the google I've not been able to find any reference to
        > > TBL in ESL or ESP contexts. I wonder if any of you might have spent time
        > > venturing down this course and would be willing to share a few links or
        > > ideas.
        > >
        > > Thank you in advance.
        > >
        > > See you online,
        > > Scott Lockman
        > > Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
        > > (scottlo)
        > >

        > --
        Vance Stevens
        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
        http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

      • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15, 2013
          Hi Scott --
          I agree with Vance, that this sounds like a version of communities of practice.

          For more on this, see the CALL IS Virtual Software List for a list of
          websites tagged "CoP":
          http://www.diigo.com/user/call_is_vsl/CoP

          --Elizabeth H-S