Google hangout

  • edtec2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2013
      Hi, Vance and all,

      I was happy to get into Google hangouts but frustrated that I couldn't figure out how to get my mic to work. Also, I got into the Sync text chat but then it dumped me, so I couldn't even ask for help there or explain my problem. The second text chat only partially showed up on my screen possibly because I was on a netbook with a smaller screen. (My only webcam these days is on the netbook.) I couldn't juggle the left side to see what I needed to do to login there. Only part of the left side of the screen showed up.

      I could hear everything and see everyone's webcam just fine. So it worked as a listener but not for communication.

      Chris Jones
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2013
        Hi Chris and all webheads who joined us yesterday,

        We have two archives of this event, here at webheadsinaction.org
        http://webheadsinaction.org/sun-feb-10-2013-1500-gmt-evo-multimooc-hangout-and-stream
        and
        also at
        http://learning2gether.posterous.com/vance-stevens-hosts-evo-multimooc-hangout-and

        This was a groundbreaking event for me. We learned how to stream a hangout
        so people could listen and archive the recordings at the links above.

        The only thing that went wrong (apart from mics not working) was that we
        chose to back channel in Synch.in not realizing that this etherpad clone
        only allows 8 users at a time. We didn't know that was the case until Nina
        broke through and told us no one could find the hangout link that we had
        posted there (after the first 8). That's why Jeff put the second TitanPad
        up.

        Anyway it was a lot of fun. I don't have anything special planned for next
        Sunday Learning2gether. There's an IATEFL webinar at 1500. If anyone
        would like to invite us to an EVO wrap-up event we could make that a
        Learning2gether mission, and I'll ask what MulitiMOOC would like to do.

        All the best,
        Vance

        --
        Vance Stevens