RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Using Skype with my students from the Brazilian Amazon and students from Duke University

  • Maria Bossa
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2013
      Dear Cintia! It's nice to read about that!!! And bravo for your students! I do hope we can learn more about your project and your students!Bravo! All the best!
      Smiles from Argentina, Maria :)

      Smiles, Maria
      To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
      From: cintiabentes@...
      Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 08:40:56 -0800
      Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] Using Skype with my students from the Brazilian Amazon and students from Duke University

      Dear Webheads,

      I just want to share with you I have been developing a project with Professor Magda Silva who teaches Portuguese at Duke University. Our students have been communicating using Skype in English (my students are undergraduate students of Teaching English as a Foreign language at Universidade Federal do Par´┐Ż, in the Brazilian Amazon region) and in Portuguese. We have already had two meetings and our students are really excited to practice foreign languages like this. I described this experience and posted some photos in Portuguese in my blog: http://learnenglishwithcintia.blogspot.com.br/2013/02/usando-o-skype-nas-aulas-de-linguas.html

      I am so happy that this project is making students so motivated that they decided to open a Facebook group so they can interact more! Can you believe that?

      Warm regards from the Amazon,

      Cintia :-)