Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Skype chat with teachers-to-be from the Brazilian Amazon

  • Cintia Costa
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 2, 2013
      Dear Maria,

      Greetings from our sunny Amazon!

      I have already added you to my Skype (cintiaedu) and our event is going to be this Wednesday, February 6th. To make things easier for time planning, I have created an event announcer following the suggestion of Vance. The link is here: http://tinyurl.com/bbp2kbr

      We will be very happy to learn about your experiences! We can start with Ayat and then we can talk to you or you first, then Ayat. What do you prefer?

      Thanks a million,
      Cintia

      ________________________________
      From: cintiabentes@...
      Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 16:31:16 -0800

            Dear Webheads,

      Greetings from the Brazilian Amazon rainforest!

      I am currently teaching a course called "The use of technologies to teach foreign languages" in the undergraduate course of Teaching English as a Foreign Language at Universidade Federal do Pará, in the Brazilian Amazon region. My students have been reading about CALL and about projects using Blogs, Podcasts, Skype, and others. They have also read a few chapters of the book "How to teach English with technology", by Dudeney and Hockly, and listened to some teachers in the CD that accompanies the book. They have really enjoyed learning about those teachers' experiences.

      This morning, they asked me if it would be possible for them to have Skype conferences with teachers that have experience working with projects using technology. Our classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays, from 11:10 am to 12:50 pm (BRT minus 1 hour).

      Would any of you be willing and available to share and discuss your experiences for about 15 to 20 minutes?

      Thanks in advance!

      Cintia Costa

      Universidade Federal do Pará

      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 17, 2013
        11:30 amanh�, ent�o, Cintia. Como ser� o esquema? Os alunos fazem perguntas
        ou devo preparar algo espec�fico?